User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Owensgrandma21 View Post
    Since this is our first larger camper, previously camped in pop up, what do people use for the jacks? I don’t believe that they sit on the ground but not certain.
    Well they can sit on the ground but from a structural standpoint, the closer to the frame they are, the more stability they impart on the trailer. That stated, we started out with the standard DIY 3/4' plywood squares. We have since moved to the lighter "Camco" leveling blocks in hi-vis yellow. They can be stacked high and are relatively light. I put six under each jack.

PS.. I also got 4 caps so they are somewhat flat on top.
    Last edited by Capt Bob; 10-07-2021 at 01:19 PM.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Owensgrandma21 View Post
    Since this is our first larger camper, previously camped in pop up, what do people use for the jacks? I don’t believe that they sit on the ground but not certain. Thanks in advance for your replies.
    I’ve been using the standard stacking square blocks under the leveling jacks and an Andersen bucket under the tongue jack. Just recently received the Andersen leveling blocks for under the stabilizer jacks, but haven’t tried them yet. Ideally, you want a lightweight, stable platform to rest the jacks on. The less you have to lower the jacks, the more stable they are. You can use wood or concrete, but the added weight is more than I want to deal with.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12