User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alkbch View Post
    Can you please let me know how to test the fan?
    I'm sure there are multiple ways, and with use of a meter, but I dont know the resistance values. I would pull the top vent cover off the back of the fridge and let it run for a bit, whichever fan isnt turning is a bad one. Obviously if your fridge wont turn on, this method wont work. Alternatively, you could disconnect the fans and hook it up to a power source and test it that way (just check the info tag on the fan to make sure you use the correct amount of power, I'm assuming 12v, I dont think its reduced anymore than that, but check first in case it is less than 12v).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I'm sure there are multiple ways, and with use of a meter, but I dont know the resistance values. I would pull the top vent cover off the back of the fridge and let it run for a bit, whichever fan isnt turning is a bad one. Obviously if your fridge wont turn on, this method wont work. Alternatively, you could disconnect the fans and hook it up to a power source and test it that way (just check the info tag on the fan to make sure you use the correct amount of power, I'm assuming 12v, I dont think its reduced anymore than that, but check first in case it is less than 12v).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thank you very much!
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced the 5a fuse with a 7.5a fuse and the fridge stayed on this time. I waited around 15min outside and noticed the fan in the lower vent started spinning, however the two fans in the upper vent were not spinning. I’m not sure if they are supposed to turn on all at the same time or not.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alkbch View Post
    I’m not sure if they are supposed to turn on all at the same time or not.
    In short, yes. The three external fans on the back of a Nevercold 2118 are wired in parallel and controlled by a single switch.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    In short, yes. The three external fans on the back of a Nevercold 2118 are wired in parallel and controlled by a single switch.

Chris
    Thanks Chris. I’m afraid I’ll have to call Grand Design tomorrow and pray that’s an issue that can be fixed by a mobile tech.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem. It turned out that the water level in the batteries was low. The problem quickly corrected itself once the batteries had the proper amount of water.
    2018 Solitude 375RES
    2007 Ram 3500 6.7L Diesel Long-bed

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mlwerner View Post
    I had the same problem. It turned out that the water level in the batteries was low. The problem quickly corrected itself once the batteries had the proper amount of water.
    Interesting. Thanks for letting me know! I will check the battery tomorrow.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called Grand Design who called me to get in touch with the dealership who told me to bring in the RV in a month. I didn’t want to wait so I ended up buying two new fans and installing them in the upper vent.
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had a similar problem. Norcold 1210T quit running. No power to front control panel. I pulled the cover off the circuit board in back and tested both fuses. The 5V DC fuse was blown. Replaced it and power returned to front control panel. Turned frig on "AC" and let run over night. Next morning, no power to front control panel again. I did not hear any fans running when I restarted power to the frig. Should I have heard them?? Next move ???? Should I check the fans in the upper outside panel. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Norcold 2118 fridge won't turn on

Yes @Lanski ; I recommend you check the vents outside and see whether they are running or not.
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast