User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schwintek slideout

In this video he is troubleshooting a schwintech slideout , removing the slideout motors etc.
    Really great to see how he does this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxEYSstvICI

This is a follow up video where he shows the components of the slideout H frame, how it works and if you need to remove it, how to, as well as where to lubricate and why.
    after all the opinions I have seen on the slideout lubrication , this makes a lot of sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQPIrVaSOlk

thought I would share this

Ted

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both of those videos are very informative. His entire channel is and his website is full of information as well. For entertainment purposes find the one where he builds a crane with his ladder to get an AC unit up on the roof.
    Jeff and Tanya
    Roxy (spoiled k9)
    2017 Ford F 250 6.7 Power Stroke Diesel
    2020 Reflection 150 Series 240RL

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy does great videos and is a must see for those interested in being able to diagnose and repair their Schwintek slide. The one issue that is interesting is that in talking with the customer service rep at Lippert 2 months ago, they are not recommending any lubrication around the gears, gibs, etc. They feel it attracts dirt, and runs OK dry. I just don't see how they are right on this. Seems like these moving parts need lube, and they are protected enough where dirt would not be a problem.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    The guy does great videos and is a must see for those interested in being able to diagnose and repair their Schwintek slide. The one issue that is interesting is that in talking with the customer service rep at Lippert 2 months ago, they are not recommending any lubrication around the gears, gibs, etc. They feel it attracts dirt, and runs OK dry. I just don't see how they are right on this. Seems like these moving parts need lube, and they are protected enough where dirt would not be a problem.
    Interesting because we were just at the Washington State GD Rally and one of the GD Mobile Mechanics said just the opposite during his seminar on RV maintenance. He said GD recommends using CRC Power Lube on all of the components of the Scwhwintek system including rails, gibs, and gears. There seems to be a disconnect in opinions between the two companies.
    John and Karyn
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know mine works A LOT smoother when I keep it lubed with CRC Power Lube.
    Jeff and Tanya
    Roxy (spoiled k9)
    2017 Ford F 250 6.7 Power Stroke Diesel
    2020 Reflection 150 Series 240RL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noted an interesting contradiction between Grand Design's owners manual and the Lippert online training course I took (suggested by someone else in the forum)... My owners manual says not to "overextend" the slide by holding the button to move the slide in or out past the point of stopping, or there is a risk of damage to trim, gears, etc. The training course explicitly instructs to hold the button for 5 seconds after the motor "amps out" (stops), to ensure the slide remains in alignment. I started doing that and noticed the slide doesn't jerk as much when moving in or out. Anyway, seems like there's contradictions all around regarding this stuff.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodwrench View Post
    Interesting because we were just at the Washington State GD Rally and one of the GD Mobile Mechanics said just the opposite during his seminar on RV maintenance. He said GD recommends using CRC Power Lube on all of the components of the Scwhwintek system including rails, gibs, and gears. There seems to be a disconnect in opinions between the two companies.
    Yep, just was at the NY Rally and both of the Grand Design Techs said the same thing. Basically, if it moves Lube it with the CRC Powerlube with PTFE. They specifically made sure to state WITH PTFE.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    I noted an interesting contradiction between Grand Design's owners manual and the Lippert online training course I took (suggested by someone else in the forum)... My owners manual says not to "overextend" the slide by holding the button to move the slide in or out past the point of stopping, or there is a risk of damage to trim, gears, etc. The training course explicitly instructs to hold the button for 5 seconds after the motor "amps out" (stops), to ensure the slide remains in alignment. I started doing that and noticed the slide doesn't jerk as much when moving in or out. Anyway, seems like there's contradictions all around regarding this stuff.
    Everything I have seen or read says to hold the button for a few seconds after the slide stops.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    Lippert has now come out with their own lubricant for these. It's extremely expensive...Lippert Kwik lube. My guess is that it's just that they only want to make more money...but yes, they sure have flip flopped over the years.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    Yep, just was at the NY Rally and both of the Grand Design Techs said the same thing. Basically, if it moves Lube it with the CRC Powerlube with PTFE. They specifically made sure to state WITH PTFE.
    I read this is what they recommend now. I don’t remember. I could be wrong. This is what I use.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1226.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	37085

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast