User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by treichelt View Post
    In this video he is troubleshooting a schwintech slideout , removing the slideout motors etc.
    Really great to see how he does this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxEYSstvICI

This is a follow up video where he shows the components of the slideout H frame, how it works and if you need to remove it, how to, as well as where to lubricate and why.
    after all the opinions I have seen on the slideout lubrication , this makes a lot of sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQPIrVaSOlk

thought I would share this

Ted
    You should just go to the Lippert Technical Institute and register for the free course on the slide out...https://lippert.thinkific.com/
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevensurbrook View Post
    I've watched several videos about the Schwintek system. I think it is a neat idea, provided that it consistently works. Mine doesn't. I've had it in the shop a couple of times with the last time stating that I had a bad battery. Fair enough. I bought a LiPO4 battery and all was good for awhile. Now I'm back at the same issue which is the bedroom slide looses sync timing if not operated frequently. The forward motor is the the problem child so the slide out will begin to come out uneven. I've performed the repetitive open and close 3x several times on the retracted side. What ultimately seems to work for my unit is to slowly extend the slide. To do this, I extend until it stops, engage the motors only enough to turn them on in the retract position then extend again. Repeat until one side is fully extended then continue until the forward side of the slide is fully extended. THEN I can do the 3x retract and extend and it seems to hold the sync timing. Took almost a year of playing with it and a bunch of frustration to figure out this method.
    I might try swapping the controller units to see if the other side moves out faster which may indicate a faulty controller. Another thing that crossed my mind is if both of the motors are the same model. LCI has two different Schwintek motors that rotate at different speeds. Probably a long shot, but if one motor was a different model then the other, that could account for one side moving out faster then the other.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234