User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnbor View Post
    Sound like a good idea to bring an extra hanger while you travel. If one breaks as shown in the pictures, does the welder remove the residual upper part of the hanger or weld the new hanger over the existing part? If the residual part is left on the frame, the new hanger will be slightly lower than the others. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It is removed. It will take an experienced welder moments to cut the welds to remove and then grind the area flat.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewildered View Post
    Pulled into campground... noticed tires askew. Got under and looked.... Broken hangar. leaf is against the frame. So... aside from upgrades, how do I go about having it fixed?

We're full time and added a couple more days here. We're in Arkansas. Maumelle COE. Went 385 miles today. I'm thinking this happened after we got off the highway and there was some bumpy road. Nothing we haven't experienced.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Check all of your hangars for damage. When one lets go, all of the rest see a lot of stress. When it happened to me, 3 of the 4 on that axle were damaged.
    BTW, Heavy duty hangars can be had. Arizona Axles had them about 15 years ago, they are about 2-1/2 times thicker than standard RV ones. It does takes some more effort to use them though,as you need longer bollts and IIRC, some washers to get the proper fitment. Nothing that cannot be handled though. I did this upgrade on 2 of my TTs.

When it happened to me, I sent DW home with instructions to bring back my welder, Angle grinder, Hood, all of my jack stands and floor jack. While she was gone, I did as much prep work as possible to be ready to do a field repair good enough to make it home.
    Last edited by huntindog; 01-03-2022 at 06:31 AM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had one break a few years ago and we also had one more go shortly after. With ours it wasn't the bracket that broke.The weld is what broke on ours and that is the one thing that should never go first. They put the V brackets inside of the hangers and we have not had any problems since.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    We had one break a few years ago and we also had one more go shortly after. With ours it wasn't the bracket that broke.The weld is what broke on ours and that is the one thing that should never go first. They put the V brackets inside of the hangers and we have not had any problems since.
    Gary, Do you know of a place where a person can order the V brackets that weld inside the U brackets? I was looking at e-trailer where I can order the U brackets and have one as a spare. I probably should look at the Lippert site for the V brackets.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyvv View Post
    E trailer for $18.00. I found them locally for $12.00
    My google-foo must be lacking. I tried “V clip” “spring hanger reinforcement” etc. and had no joy on etrailer. Any idea what these things are called?
    Diane and Mike
    2022 280RS. Onan generator, Sumo Springs, MORyde crossmembers, hardwired surge protector
    2015 F-350 DRW 4x4 6.7L Power Stroke Feed Truck. 4.10s, front & rear stabilizer bars, Andersen 3221-TBX
    2021 Thor Chateau 22E Class C (retired) & 1970 Pop-Up Camper (retired - saw much of Western Europe)

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Gary, Do you know of a place where a person can order the V brackets that weld inside the U brackets? I was looking at e-trailer where I can order the U brackets and have one as a spare. I probably should look at the Lippert site for the V brackets.
    Lippert did the repairs on our trailer and they supplied the V clips. Try calling Lippert, if you can't get them from them they may be able to tell you where to get them.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely ANY welder can make the clips. They're nothing more than bar stock. Show them a picture and this bandaid will be done in a blink. Understand that structurally, this is really a bandaid. Absolutely better to have than just the bent bar hangers, but is less than having diaphragm stiffening ala crossbar or, heaven forbid, fabricated hanger assemblies and suitably reinforced frame rails. The rails as currently sized for GVW of my Solitude really need the bottom flange composited continuosly from forward of the front-most hanger to rearward of the rear-most... I know, I know, that makes each frame another $150 for the material and bad welding. Lol!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12