User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ianandjo View Post
    I notice you have a 320MKS, that is top on our list so far. I’m concerned about the extra weight of separate units on the pin. Also the stacking, shaking etc. In our condo we have the stacking kit, professionally installed, but on tile floor, sometimes, on a fast spin, it still shakes more than I’d like.
    Those are some reasons we are looking at the combo unit too. Would love to hear from someone that has used both.
    Ian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We have the stackable Splendide and my wife likes them. The washer, which is on the bottom, does shake the rig quite a bit. The dryer is very quite and does not shake. We've used an older combo unit in a Class A that we previously rented and it also shook quite a bit during both the washing and drying cycles.

The combo unit took about 2-1/2 hours to do a load. The time to do a load with the stackables is similar to that which residental units would take with maybe a little more time to dry.
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2017 Ford F-350 Lariat SRW CC Short Bed, Power Stroke 6.7L
    Pullrite Superglide 16k

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess I'll chime in with the opposing view. We don't full-time and are gone for 2 to 4 weeks at a time. My wife initially wanted a washer/dryer. I pointed out a few negatives: small loads (can do all the clothes at the laundry facility in significantly less time than the unit in the RV), lost closet space (this is huge for us), weight, gray water discharge, dryer venting, etc. She now agrees that sure the washer/dryer would be nice, but the negatives for us outweigh any positives.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    Guess I'll chime in with the opposing view. We don't full-time and are gone for 2 to 4 weeks at a time. My wife initially wanted a washer/dryer. I pointed out a few negatives: small loads (can do all the clothes at the laundry facility in significantly less time than the unit in the RV), lost closet space (this is huge for us), weight, gray water discharge, dryer venting, etc. She now agrees that sure the washer/dryer would be nice, but the negatives for us outweigh any positives.
    In my opinion, I would agree for a coach that will not be used for full-timing. For us, it's the convenience. As you all did, one must weigh the pros and cons of it.

EDIT: I argued for the W/D, she was initially against it... I "won" that discussion... I think it was the only one I won... No wait, the Sumo Springs was the second one! [emoji33]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We spent our first 4-1/2 years full-time without a W/D in our previous Reflection. We had to set aside 1/2 day a week to use the campground laundry or drive to a laundromat and schlep all clothing and bedding to another location. We took delivery of our Solitude the week that everything was starting to shut down at the beginning of the pandemic. Two trips to the laundromat with people acting STUPID motivated us to call our dealer and have them order the W/D with installation parts. The next week we pulled the rig back over to the dealer (we were still in town because all of our destinations down the road had called and cancelled) and sat in our Zero Gravity chairs in the shade while the techs installed the washer and dryer.

We opted for Whirlpool stackables. The dryer is 120VAC vented (very similar to the Splendide vented separates). We chose the Whirlpool units for two reasons: 1) they have slightly better reliability ratings than the Splendides, and, 2) if you do have an issue, a Whirlpool authorized service tech will come to you rather than having to tow the rig to a dealership authorized to work on Splendide. We have had zero issues in 19 months with the Whirlpool units and like the dryer clothes we get with the vented dryer.

Bottom line... we would never go back to not having a W/D. That said, we do not boondock so, if a lot of boondocking is in your future, your outlook on this topic may be different.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    I agree, if we were only going for a couple of weeks at a time, we’d just wash clothes at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    We spent our first 4-1/2 years full-time without a W/D in our previous Reflection. We had to set aside 1/2 day a week to use the campground laundry or drive to a laundromat and schlep all clothing and bedding to another location. We took delivery of our Solitude the week that everything was starting to shut down at the beginning of the pandemic. Two trips to the laundromat with people acting STUPID motivated us to call our dealer and have them order the W/D with installation parts. The next week we pulled the rig back over to the dealer (we were still in town because all of our destinations down the road had called and cancelled) and sat in our Zero Gravity chairs in the shade while the techs installed the washer and dryer.

We opted for Whirlpool stackables. The dryer is 120VAC vented (very similar to the Splendide vented separates). We chose the Whirlpool units for two reasons: 1) they have slightly better reliability ratings than the Splendides, and, 2) if you do have an issue, a Whirlpool authorized service tech will come to you rather than having to tow the rig to a dealership authorized to work on Splendide. We have had zero issues in 19 months with the Whirlpool units and like the dryer clothes we get with the vented dryer.

Bottom line... we would never go back to not having a W/D. That said, we do not boondock so, if a lot of boondocking is in your future, your outlook on this topic may be different.

Rob
    Rob,
    Not sure what boondocking would change? There aren’t laundromats in the boons. Possibly a different unit maybe.
    We will likely boondock from time to time, but don’t foresee so long that we would need to do laundry there.
    I had thought there were a few likes for the combo unit, thought I’d get more wish were lighter or a stackable was not needed.
    But sounds like a stackable is the way to go,
    Thanks all

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ianandjo View Post
    Rob,
    Not sure what boondocking would change? There aren’t laundromats in the boons. Possibly a different unit maybe.
    We will likely boondock from time to time, but don’t foresee so long that we would need to do laundry there.
    I had thought there were a few likes for the combo unit, thought I’d get more wish were lighter or a stackable was not needed.
    But sounds like a stackable is the way to go,
    Thanks all

Lack of full hook-ups comes to mind as a consideration for boondocking.
    Last edited by Keebler; 10-06-2021 at 11:55 AM.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    Lack of full hook-ups comes to mind as a consideration for boondocking.
    Still not washing when boondocking, so still don’t see the relevance.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Splendide combo washer just died just shy of 3-years of full-time use. Although we liked the machine and found it helpful, we decided, at least for now, not to replace it, because it takes so much more time to get wash done and too capture the space for more storage space.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was on Amazon and saw a Giantex portable washer/spin. Seems to have mostly 5stars and used by small apartment (and RV) users.
    Obviously small loads and need to hang dry, but lightweight and smaller.
    Anyone with any knowledge of this?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast