User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Washer dryer, yes no?

In the market for a new RV soon, retiring, not full time, but a lot of the time.
    We live in a condo and have a stacked, condo sized, ventless… so used to small loads and not quite dry clothes.
    So ideas… Stacked washer dryer? Washer dryer combo? Don’t bother, just wash at next park?
    If you get one, a favourite model?
    Thx for insight,
    Ian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ianandjo, I have been looking into the washer dryer combo. My wife is tired of using someone elses washer and paying $5+ to wash and dry. Have decided on the vented Splendid wash/dryer combo weighing in at 150 or so pounds. Safe travels!
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We like ours. Slow, but gets the job done. We put them in, go out for a few hours and their about done when we get back. Sometimes we set time delay and they wash during the night and are ready when we wake up in the morning. Ours is in the garage not the bedroom.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zinman View Post
    ianandjo, I have been looking into the washer dryer combo. My wife is tired of using someone elses washer and paying $5+ to wash and dry. Have decided on the vented Splendid wash/dryer combo weighing in at 150 or so pounds. Safe travels!
    Thinking the Splendid too. Nice doing a load in pjs having your coffee, is my thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon07 View Post
    We like ours. Slow, but gets the job done. We put them in, go out for a few hours and their about done when we get back. Sometimes we set time delay and they wash during the night and are ready when we wake up in the morning. Ours is in the garage not the bedroom.
    Like your what? What type is it and what make?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ianandjo View Post
    In the market for a new RV soon, retiring, not full time, but a lot of the time.
    We live in a condo and have a stacked, condo sized, ventless… so used to small loads and not quite dry clothes.
    So ideas… Stacked washer dryer? Washer dryer combo? Don’t bother, just wash at next park?
    If you get one, a favourite model?
    Thx for insight,
    Ian

We have the separate Splendide washer and dryer (I wouldn't worry about the model and just get this year's model). We like them a lot. Yes, the loads are about 50%-60% smaller than a residential washer and dryer, however for us, since we are going to go full-time next fall, it's worth it.

The one thing to remember is the dryer is 110VAC instead of 220VAC (for obvious reasons I hope), which means it WILL take longer for it to dry clothes. The key we have found is smaller loads, more often. Maybe 3 pairs of jeans, or 5 t-shirts, or 4 pairs of shorts, each in their own load.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    We have the separate Splendide washer and dryer (I wouldn't worry about the model and just get this year's model). We like them a lot. Yes, the loads are about 50%-60% smaller than a residential washer and dryer, however for us, since we are going to go full-time next fall, it's worth it.

The one thing to remember is the dryer is 110VAC instead of 220VAC (for obvious reasons I hope), which means it WILL take longer for it to dry clothes. The key we have found is smaller loads, more often. Maybe 3 pairs of jeans, or 5 t-shirts, or 4 pairs of shorts, each in their own load.

I notice you have a 320MKS, that is top on our list so far. I’m concerned about the extra weight of separate units on the pin. Also the stacking, shaking etc. In our condo we have the stacking kit, professionally installed, but on tile floor, sometimes, on a fast spin, it still shakes more than I’d like.
    Those are some reasons we are looking at the combo unit too. Would love to hear from someone that has used both.
    Ian

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the separate Splendide washer and dryer. They are big enough to be functional. Ours are in our bedroom, and we find the dryer to be very quiet and can hardly tell it's running. The washer does noticeably vibrate; so it's not something we run at night. We are not full timers, so we do not use the washer often, but we do throw our towels into the dryer every day.

One issue we had was with the washer. The washer drum's spindles came out of their mounts. The repair tech I used told me he had called Splendide and was told that this was something they had heard of with big fifth wheels where the washer located on the rear wall (so far behind the tires, pretty harsh bouncing during travel). The repair tech added some bands to hold the spindles in place, so hoping this is a fix. This just happened at the end of last season, so, right now have had one season with no further issues.

One other thing to bear in mind; winterization. We store in a lot with no access to power. To winterize the unit, we need to cycle the washer to pump antifreeze through; we need to have power to do that. Just forces me to do my winterization on my last planned trip of the season while i am hooked to power.

All that said, we do enjoy having the washer and dryer.
    Last edited by Keebler; 10-06-2021 at 06:23 AM.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I notice you have a 320MKS, that is top on our list so far. I’m concerned about the extra weight of separate units on the pin. Also the stacking, shaking etc. In our condo we have the stacking kit, professionally installed, but on tile floor, sometimes, on a fast spin, it still shakes more than I’d like.
    Those are some reasons we are looking at the combo unit too. Would love to hear from someone that has used both.
    Ian

The RV-friendly Splendide vented combo (weight is always an issue for us) in our Solitude 310-GK. We are part timers, about 6 months out of the year and wouldn't be without it. Slow and small loads...but whats the hurry!
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ian

The one thing to keep in mind. The washer weighs more than the dryer and is on the right (passenger) side of the 320MKS, which is already heavier than the left side. The dryer on the left side helps a little bit to offset that weight differential, not much, but a little. So, if you have the combo unit in a 320MKS, you will probably want to find a way to add weight to the left side to even out the weight.

This is of topic a bit... To help a little with the weight distribution issue, I did add Sumo Springs to the 320MKS. They also immensely improved the tow ride quality.

Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast