User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have wood blocks I put under each jack if not on concrete but I've never leveled before hitting auto level.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If my trailer is one bubble or more out side to side, it will not level itself without throwing errors and stopping. I will use blocks on the wheels to get it at least half a bubble or less. Fore and aft has never been a problem, although I will put blocks down so the legs are not extended that far.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I'm not sure I understand why "the weight wouldn't let us retract". How would that work? Are you sure that was the reason the legs wouldn't retract? Was this a 4-leg setup or a 6-leg?
    The front legs were fully extended. I’m not sure if they can be overextended, but I hit auto level and they went all the way down lifting the front as high as they could. We still weren’t level and I tried to retract them. They wouldn’t go up. I had to put a jack under the front and take pressure off the legs. It’s a 4 point system. I don’t know how else to explain what happened, but it was very frustrating.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can well imagine. Did you get an error message? Flashing light or some such thing?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I can well imagine. Did you get an error message? Flashing light or some such thing?
    Yes. I was using the controls in the front and not the panel in the cargo bay. It was blinking red. I didn’t bother checking the panel to see if I could reset or retract manually. It was one of those days... damaged the roof pulling in and getting dark. I was tired. Perfect recipe for problems.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oops, havent figured the forem out yet
    Last edited by cowboy55; 10-14-2021 at 12:20 AM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a LevelMatePRO pro. Tells you how many inches you are out each axis. Very easy to know then for your rig if the auto level can cycle successfully or not
    2020 Ram CTD 2500 SC SB
    2021 Reflection 260RD
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kcook2 View Post
    Hello all, its been 20 years since I owned a 5th wheel, I have had Class A gas units with auto leveling. Now the Momentum units we are looking at have 6 point auto leveling do you still need to get the RV some what level with blocks before auto leveling? With my class A if one side/front to back is way off I use lego style blocks to bring that side up (under tires and jacks) is this still use?

Thanks
    KC
    I still use those lego style blocks since we got our 397TH but not as much as you would think. The leveling system works pretty well, our old camper had electric jacks that didn't work near as well. I have noticed you have to be a little concerned about how level the site is end to end with a 5th wheel that is almost 44 ft long! We parked at a campsite that was a little "up hill" and not thinking that much about it when I put the ramp down to get our toy out it was pretty steep. After that I unload our side x side and then auto level.
    2020 Ford F-350 King Ranch, 2021 Momentum 397TH, Kawasaki KRX 1000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12