Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justusdj View Post
    Good information. I'll get ahold of GD and see what they can do. Thanks!

I spoke with my buddy yesterday about his ripped floor and he corrected me and shared a bit more info. Apparently the second time the floor ripped they didn't replace it, instead they glued it back down in that area... you can hardly notice it except for the glossy sheen of the floor in that spot, probably as a result of some sort of ironing to make the repair. He had 3 OEM rollers and they installed 2 more, making sure that there is now a roller in front of the pantry cabinet and the refrigerator. They also took off that entire front strip of wood that's supposed to slide on the floor, cut it down so it was thinner and slightly beveled the edges then reinstalled it.

When we travel on longer trips (8 days or more) we pack a Rubbermaid tub with most of our canned food & glass jar products and sit it on a grippy mat on the floor just behind the rear side of the kitchen island. We have also swapped out the storage location of our 7qt. crockpot from the bottom of the pantry cabinet to bottom of the sink cabinet to lessen the weight in the pantry. Good luck with your repair and keep us updated.
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 10-09-2021 at 04:25 AM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once slide adjustment is fixed, cut a patch from under the bed in the storage compartment. Tape it over the damaged area and carefully cut the damaged area using the patch as a template. Used contact cement to install the patch. Try to match plans edge pattern when positioning the patch. I’ve done this in our old rig and it was virtually invisible.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Our 295Rl 5er did the same thing. Fortunately for us, it happened under warranty and was fixed by GD. On ours the corner edge of the 20' kitchen slide (by the fridge) did the damage to our linoleum floor. After consulting with a GD tech, found that several models including ours were having issue with the larger slides for that year. He said the fix was to place rollers under the slide on the floor to help guide the slide during retraction. We now have 5 rollers under our slide and have had no issue since.
    We had the same fix done to our 2018 337. Luckily, it was still under warranty when we had the fix done. We've since moved to a 2020 Solitude 310GK that has the rollers under the kitchen slide.
    Bret King
    2021 GMC 3500 Denali HD 4x4 crew cab, DRW, 6.6L Duramax/10 speed Allison
    2020 Solitude 310-GK (#19), Platinum paint scheme, B&W Companion 25K hitch
    Maine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes! Our 5th wheel was a month old. We were loading it for a trip. It was a screw the pulled it up. We were lucky it was under warranty and was fixed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rollers can be found on Amazon - Lippert 134993 RV Carpet Protection Slide-Out Slicker - Camping World probably has them as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also had a tear in front of the couch from the fireplace slide, I removed the edge strip of the slide and corners took off about a 1/4” on my table saw, all ok now.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbushy View Post
    We also had a tear in front of the couch from the fireplace slide, I removed the edge strip of the slide and corners took off about a 1/4” on my table saw, all ok now.
    That's interesting. I think we have easily 6 inches between the couch and the slide. But maybe I'm wrong? ��

Currently have GD reviewing my photos, waiting to see if they're going to do something. I can't imagine they wouldn't, the camper is actually damaging itself.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    Our 2018 303 recently did this after 3 years. There is a known issue across the 303 and 337 line but usually does not reveal itself until after a few years. I have not fixed mine yet except for a small piece of duct tape to keep it from getting larger.
    We have the same issue with our 303. I took the roller out and put some lubrication on it as I found it was sliding across the floor instead of rolling. However, there is a deeper design issue going on with the slide system. We readjusted the slides according to Lipperts instructions. There still appears to be a lot of pressure on the flooring material when the slide moves in a new out. I also noticed that the floor in this area of the trailer is sloping down a little towards the slide.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, PullRite 16K Superglide, 2022 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the suggestion to put extra rollers in makes a lot of sense. That way you spread the slide weight over a greater number of rollers which should help prevent the tearing of the floor. I’ll probably add a couple of extra rollers to my slide next spring.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, PullRite 16K Superglide, 2022 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Floor/Slide-0ut Issue Fixed

We have a 2018 303RLS that had the same issue. (Slide-out damaging floor covering) Slide-outs have many adjustments. Although Grand Design states it has various inspection points, somehow, the slide-out adjustment might not be one of them. Adding additional rollers might help, but we were not convinced this was the answer. Upon closer inspection we discovered that the slide-out causing the damage to the flooring was not adjusted correctly.
    At issue was that the slide-out’s “Vertical” adjustment needed attention. In our case the slide-out was not at the same level (Angle) as the trailer’s floor. The outside edge of the slide-out (See 5B) was about 1” higher than the inside edge (See 5A) of the slide-out causing additional weight on the inside slide roller thereby damaging the floor covering. By following the below adjustment procedure, I was easily able to “Level” the slide-out to the trailer floor reducing weight on the inside roller and in addition now the slide-out travels in & out smoothly. I choose to adjust 5B to equal the 5A setting. I also had the slide-out fully open before I measured step 1) 5A and compared to step 2) 5B.
    To protect from further damage to the torn floor I place a 3/16” piece of plywood with a 45 degree Lip over the damaged floor facing the slide-out (Where the roller rides) when it is closed. The slide-out easily rolls onto the plywood.

Hope this helps

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (83).png 
Views:	41 
Size:	275.8 KB 
ID:	37203
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20211014_131151 (2).jpg  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast