Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Slide out ripped flooring - 2018 337RLS

Has anyone else had their slideout rip their flooring? Found this rip next to the island, and noticed that it appears to have come from the slideout. Looking underneith there appears to be pieces of wood attached to the bottom of the slide out, the one near the pantry hits the flooring and pulls/pushes on it when the slideout is moving.

Not sure how to fix this. Would like to fix the floor, but if the slideout is going to continue to push/pull on it, my guess is that it's just going to rip again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211006_160820.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	37058Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211006_160713.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	37059Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211006_161225.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	37060

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something caused the wood to come loose, can you see if the rollers are still in place underneath the slide? our 303 has 3 rollers across the kitchen slide.

Once you figure out why it happened you can have it patched with a piece of flooring taken from under the hutch. GD doesn't use that floor any more.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justusdj View Post
    Has anyone else had their slideout rip their flooring? Found this rip next to the island, and noticed that it appears to have come from the slideout. Looking underneith there appears to be pieces of wood attached to the bottom of the slide out, the one near the pantry hits the flooring and pulls/pushes on it when the slideout is moving.

Not sure how to fix this. Would like to fix the floor, but if the slideout is going to continue to push/pull on it, my guess is that it's just going to rip again.

Our 2018 303 recently did this after 3 years. There is a known issue across the 303 and 337 line but usually does not reveal itself until after a few years. I have not fixed mine yet except for a small piece of duct tape to keep it from getting larger.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 295Rl 5er did the same thing. Fortunately for us, it happened under warranty and was fixed by GD. On ours the corner edge of the 20' kitchen slide (by the fridge) did the damage to our linoleum floor. After consulting with a GD tech, found that several models including ours were having issue with the larger slides for that year. He said the fix was to place rollers under the slide on the floor to help guide the slide during retraction. We now have 5 rollers under our slide and have had no issue since.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Our 295Rl 5er did the same thing. Fortunately for us, it happened under warranty and was fixed by GD. On ours the corner edge of the 20' kitchen slide (by the fridge) did the damage to our linoleum floor. After consulting with a GD tech, found that several models including ours were having issue with the larger slides for that year. He said the fix was to place rollers under the slide on the floor to help guide the slide during retraction. We now have 5 rollers under our slide and have had no issue since.
    Would you mind sharing what you mean by rollers? Product ID if you have it would be helpful as this sound like a good preventative measure. Ty kindly in advance!
    Dave Gaines
    Kentucky Gentleman Farmer
    1997 F-350 Quad Cab
    2020 Grand Design 315RLTS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KY Gentleman Farmer View Post
    Would you mind sharing what you mean by rollers? Product ID if you have it would be helpful as this sound like a good preventative measure. Ty kindly in advance!
    The part listed in the url below is what I believe the dealer installed on the floor under my kitchen slide. Since it was done via warranty, i did not receive a break down on the invoice from the dealer after completion. I am sure they also performed some kind of height adjustment to the slide mechanism as well. The linoleum damage was contracted out by the dealer to a repair shop who made it look seamless.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...rts/detail/662

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justusdj View Post

Same thing happened to my buddies 2018 337RLS in front of the stove/pantry cabinet. His entire flooring was replaced by the dealership and covered by GD.... TWICE!
    The first time they replaced the flooring only, which involves removal of both slides, the island, hutch, sofa, and both end cabinets. When it ripped again on his very next trip GD upgraded the rollers and increased the number of them from 3 to 5. My 2019 has 5 (or 6) stationary rollers attached to the floor and glide blocks attached to the slideout itself. I don't believe my glide blocks are wooden but rather some type of composite plastic. Call GD customer service, have your VIN number ready, and open a claim. If GD is upgrading the rollers & glides and adding more of both items then they know this is a problem. With a large capacity refrigerator, a large capacity pantry cabinet, and plenty of cabinets to store stuff all located on that slideout there is just to much possible weight across that area. If GD doesn't make good on a warranty claim you can make repairs yourself but you'll have to over extend that slideout to work on the rollers. You can cutout a matching piece of flooring from several places in the RV... behind storage compartment wall, under the hutch, or under the folding sofa if absolutely needed. Google "RV slideout rollers" as they carry several Lippert rollers. Good luck and keep us updated!
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 10-07-2021 at 06:08 AM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    The part listed in the url below is what I believe the dealer installed on the floor under my kitchen slide. Since it was done via warranty, i did not receive a break down on the invoice from the dealer after completion. I am sure they also performed some kind of height adjustment to the slide mechanism as well. The linoleum damage was contracted out by the dealer to a repair shop who made it look seamless.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...rts/detail/662
    Thank you, now to see if it makes sense to try to install a couple extra myself ...
    Dave Gaines
    Kentucky Gentleman Farmer
    1997 F-350 Quad Cab
    2020 Grand Design 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KY Gentleman Farmer View Post
    Thank you, now to see if it makes sense to try to install a couple extra myself ...
    Before you do anything to the unit I would check with GD and open up a warranty claim. If GD is replacing them with a different type/model then you should also do the same. I'm not 100% sure but there might also be an adjustment needed to the slideout to slightly raise the inside edge as it extends & retracts.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    Same thing happened to my buddies 2018 337RLS in front of the stove/pantry cabinet. His entire flooring was replaced by the dealership and covered by GD.... TWICE!
    The first time they replaced the flooring only, which involves removal of both slides, the island, hutch, sofa, and both end cabinets. When it ripped again on his very next trip GD upgraded the rollers and increased the number of them from 3 to 5. My 2019 has 5 (or 6) stationary rollers attached to the floor and glide blocks attached to the slideout itself. I don't believe my glide blocks are wooden but rather some type of composite plastic. Call GD customer service, have your VIN number ready, and open a claim. If GD is upgrading the rollers & glides and adding more of both items then they know this is a problem. With a large capacity refrigerator, a large capacity pantry cabinet, and plenty of cabinets to store stuff all located on that slideout there is just to much possible weight across that area. If GD doesn't make good on a warranty claim you can make repairs yourself but you'll have to over extend that slideout to work on the rollers. You can cutout a matching piece of flooring from several places in the RV... behind storage compartment wall, under the hutch, or under the folding sofa if absolutely needed. Google "RV slideout rollers" as they carry several Lippert rollers. Good luck and keep us updated!
    Good information. I'll get ahold of GD and see what they can do. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast