User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I converted my 21bhe to eoh disc brakes I had to replace my Tekonsha brake controller as it only supported electric drum. The Tekonsha p3 controller I went with wasn't that much more expensive than the Tekonsha Primus IQ controller I first had. Just curious what the difference is from a controller perspective for electric drum vs eoh disc?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfs673 View Post
    Possibly. Your truck comes with a trailer brake module that support "electric over hydraulic", however some trucks have had some issues.

There's a module some folks need to install to resolve this issue. I don't recall all the details but a quick Google search could help.
    I found this issue by chance when my truck (2015 Superduty) was connected, running and just so happen to be loading the front compartment where my brake actuator is located. I notice it would run/pulse periodically. After researching and troubleshooting I learned my truck's brake controller (switched to electric over hydraulic) was sending a pulse/signal looking for connection to the trailer brakes. My brake actuator (BrakeRite) did not have enough resistance to tell the brake controller it was connected. As a result, the controller would continue to send a signal to check and I was able to resolve it by adding resistance inline. It can be done by adding in line the adapter in the link below or with a drum brake magnet or two.

If you like to check, hook up the truck and 5th wheel, leave the truck running then get close to the brake actuator to listen for a periodic pulse. Mine would click/pulse every 10 to 15 seconds.

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...le/DX35FR.html
    2018 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 03/2018,
    Sailun 235/80/16 G Rated tires, TST507 TPMS,
    Titan electric / hydraulic Disc Brakes
    2015 Ford Platinum 6.7 Short Bed, B&W Turnoverball,
    Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy2546 View Post
    We ordered our 2022 397TH with the 8K axles and disk brakes. Will there be anything else I need to purchase for my 2022 F450 KR that already has all the towing features offered by Ford?

Our 2022 375RES has the Hydrastar brake actuator installed from the factory as part of the 8k disc upgrade. It works fine with our 2021 F450 with the 'electric over hydraulic' setting. You should not need anything else, just sit back and enjoy the enhanced stopping power of the disc brakes.
    John and Vicki
    2022 Solitude 375RES-R
    2021 Ford F-450

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456