User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NAKemp View Post
    I am driving myself crazy trying to find a place to get this done but am coming up with nothing on a place to get it done, has there been anything started on this site as to where people are going to have the conversion done. Live just south of Green Bay and my dealer is of no help unfortunately. Only nice thing about this area is, not to many hills to worry about but next season plan on expanding my travel area for sure.
    When we had our Performance Trailer Brake system installed, the installer came from the Madison, Wi area.
    Paul and Sue
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, GooseBox hitch
    2019 Ram 3500 Cummins CC SB

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    I purchased my Disc Brakes from StopYourTrailer.com, Bill was very helpful in knowing where to have the installation done. He was even able to ship the kit directly to the shop.

I wound up at a shop that rented out trailers (Utility and dump) they repaired many of the county's trailers as well. The shop was great to work with and it only took a day for the install.

You can also check into Trailer Repair Shops, those that sell and service Horse, Dump and Utility trailers. Definitely ensure they have done this type of conversion before.
    i'll check back with Bill first. When I did talk to him the day before I thought I had a trailer place that might be able to do it but when he saw what was involved decided not to.
    Neil & Diane Kemp
    2023 3500 GMC Sierra SLE with Duramax/Allison
    2022 150 Series 295RL, Disk Brake Conversion Kit, Solar Panels added.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbeard View Post
    When we had our Performance Trailer Brake system installed, the installer came from the Madison, Wi area.
    I had to wonder about that being that the company appears to be out of Oklahoma
    Last edited by NAKemp; 10-21-2021 at 04:26 AM.
    Neil & Diane Kemp

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go figure, we just spent the better part of the week down there with the trailer a couple weeks ago. how close to there are you if you don't mind saying?
    Neil & Diane Kemp

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go figure, we just spent the better part of the week down there with the trailer a couple weeks ago. how close to there are you if you don't mind saying?
    We live in the Menomonie, WI area. We were at the edge of how far he would travel. His mom works for Performance Trailer Brakes.
    Paul and Sue

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We live in the Menomonie, WI area. We were at the edge of how far he would travel. His mom works for Performance Trailer Brakes.
    I'm a good bit less from Madison than you are but if I had to, I would just take it to them. being new to towing(not trailer life) I would rather be safe than sorry.
    Neil & Diane Kemp

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a good bit less from Madison than you are but if I had to, I would just take it to them. being new to towing(not trailer life) I would rather be safe than sorry.
    He offered to knock off $100 if I went to his location.
    Paul and Sue

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He offered to knock off $100 if I went to his location.
    would help cover gas a little anyways.
    Neil & Diane Kemp

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I do apologize for hyjacking this thread(really didn't want to beat the horse to bad) i deeply appreciate the help. After talking with Bill as to where to look for someone to do the conversion, i was able to find a place 15 minutes away that is willing to do it. According to the girl that answered the phone, there has been interest from other people wanting to get this done in the area so maybe this is his chance to be the person in our area for others who want this done to have them installed. I will be going with the kit from Bill from florida no particular reason outside of he is from the area that we spent over 28 years living. Thanks again for all the input.
    Neil & Diane Kemp

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I do apologize for hyjacking this thread(really didn't want to beat the horse to bad) i deeply appreciate the help. After talking with Bill as to where to look for someone to do the conversion, i was able to find a place 15 minutes away that is willing to do it. According to the girl that answered the phone, there has been interest from other people wanting to get this done in the area so maybe this is his chance to be the person in our area for others who want this done to have them installed. I will be going with the kit from Bill from florida no particular reason outside of he is from the area that we spent over 28 years living. Thanks again for all the input.
    What kind of costs are associated with the change to disc brakes?
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast