User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deano17 View Post
    I tried taking my main genie out to the RV but it wouldn’t work. The antennae showed it found the satellite but nothing showed up on my TV. I remember being told at install time it needed to be SWM capable? The receiver? I called DTV and they told me I could only get a receiver (without DVR, the H-24). So this is supposed to work in the RV, but not capable of recording. Anyone know if I can just buy a used HR-24 and use the card from the H-24? My RV has a power box that I turn on to connect the antenna to satellite. Then has a powered unit in-line to connect the co-ax to. I think it has something to do with the SWM, but I’m a neophyte on all this. Any suggestions would be helpful.

You can't swap the card from the H-24 and put it into the HR24. The card is married to a specific receiver.

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe that you could purchase a SWM LNB and swap out the one on your Travler. That way you'd be compatible with the Genie from home. It's just a couple screws and a coax connector to remove. Google SL3-SWM (non-4K) or 3D2RBLNB (4K) as either should be compatible.
    John and Vicki
    2022 Solitude 375RES-R
    2021 Ford F-450

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got the RV back to my house to work on it. Called Winegaurd last week and he verified the receiver was compatible and the power inserter needed to be used. All we could figure out was a bad HDMI cable. Well, after spending countless hours, that was it. Can't believe that's all it was.
    Todd Dean
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Silverado 2500 Gas, std Bed, 2 WD
    BW Companion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12