Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Reverse Lights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reverse Lights

On my last RV I was able to install backup lights that wired into the tail lights and when I put the vehicle in reverse they came on.

However on my Reflection 150 295RL the reverse light wire is terminated at the front of the unit.

Has anyone else attempted this and if so where did you run your wire?

Tim
    2021 Reflection 150 295RL
    2018 GMC 2500HD Denali Diesel 4x4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done it on my last three 5th wheels. When I added reverse lights to our current Solitude it was a matter of fishing a wire from under the pin, along the inside of the overhang and from there drop down into the front compartment. You'll have to do a lot of back and forth to get the wire thru the overhang if there's much insulation up in there. From there I fished the line thru the propane tank compartment and then down along the frame. In the past I've dropped the chloroplast belly to totally hide the wire but this time I was able to hide the wires along the frame so that it's not visible, mostly thanks to lower side cladding on the Solitude vs past trailers.
    2020 Solitude 380FL with B&W Companion 20K hitch
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali HD 3500 DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TKs Geo, that was kind of what I figured I’d have to do. I was hoping I had missed an easy trick….haha
    2021 Reflection 150 295RL
    2018 GMC 2500HD Denali Diesel 4x4