User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    I'm the original owner and it is still under warranty. We've got a Lemon Law in this state but I don't think these issues are serious enough to qualify. Having said that I will read more our lemon law, just in case.
    Likely not. One factor is shop time and an unresolved problem, but you've had positive repair in all instances. More PITA versus systemic issue.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Likely not. One factor is shop time and an unresolved problem, but you've had positive repair in all instances. More PITA versus systemic issue.
    I totally agree with you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm originally from CT and I know how bad the roads are. I have never seen an issue due to bumpy roads specifically, unless corrosion is involved. I'm guessing that has more to do with it.
    My last truck I owned and drove in CT for many years was an 05 Dodge 2wd standard cab. I was having intermittent electrical issues with wipers,, and horn. I tightened all the cab grounds in the engine bay and added one from the chassis to the neg battery terminal.
    All my electrical issues were resolved and I never had any more.

Also ram has district super techs that visit all the dealerships from time to time. They can authorize stuff that the dealerships can't (or won't). Perhaps schedule your truck to be looked at by one of those super techs. It's worth a shot.
    They helped me 2 years ago with my 2017 Ram.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post

Also ram has district super techs that visit all the dealerships from time to time. They can authorize stuff that the dealerships can't (or won't). Perhaps schedule your truck to be looked at by one of those super techs. It's worth a shot.
    They helped me 2 years ago with my 2017 Ram.
    I never new that. Wonder if that's why the local dealer in NH (bought truck in CT) re-scheduled my visit to flash the PCM? They said it was a complex upgrade and tech wasn't available but it's a large RAM dealer and I have to feel they have Cummins expertise in house. Wonder how you know when they are in the area?

Yeah, the northeast roads are one pot-hole repair after another or residual frost heave damage and I've avoided I-95 for decades. But my chosen routes will now be off the table with any trailer behind me.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder how you know when they are in the area?
    The dealership should know when they are scheduled. I knew about 2 weeks prior and they set up for me to leave the truck that day.
    And after the short test drive he said to replace the driveshaft. EXACTLY what the guys on ranforum.com said was the problem.
    I'm guessing these "supertechs" or whatever they are called are into the oddball problems.
    Last edited by jleonard; 10-10-2021 at 11:12 AM.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These newer truck are sensitive to low voltage conditions. Causing random electrical issues and starter issues.
    - Disconnect each of your batteries. Measure each batteries voltage. Have each battery load tested.
    - Your stater could be bad. Even on a new truck.
    - Do you have dual alternators? They both should be tested.
    - Poor grounds from the batteries to the frame, and from batteries to the engine block. Trace the wires, clean the contact points.

Dealers are lazy. They made their profit from the sale of the truck. Warranty work is a burden with little profit for the dealership.

Agree with jleonard and the SuperTech. Elevate your issues with Regional Rep.
    Ken & Tammy
    Union Valley, TX
    2021 GD Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2019 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4x4

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All excellent suggestions! Honestly I'd like to keep truck, but only if it remains reliable. Replacing it is not an easy alternative with of the supply chain issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good suggestions above, but you paid a lot of money for that truck. You buy a truck especially a 2500 to tow, haul, go over bumps, go off road, in other words to be a truck. I would write a log of every issue, and how it got resolved or not and send that to dodge customer service and give them a chance to fix it. If not then the wrath should begin, first BBB, then lawyer etc. Don’t let up.
    2021 Reflection 150 295RL
    2018 GMC 2500HD Denali Diesel 4x4

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep a log book on all of my vehicles and i always have. I like to do my own routine maintenance and in it, I document all the work I do and have done in it. For instance I document the type of oil and filter used, the date, mileage and I'll even staple receipts in it. I'll also make notes like, I checked the brakes and pads were hardly worn or I had new tires installed, etc. I don't do this legal reasons, I do it so I don't have to rely on memory. My dad taught me to do it and I've been doing it almost 45 years! The log book is also useful when I sell the vehicle, buyers seem to love it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A code reader from the auto parts store is a great tool to have on these new diesels.

You can pull and read codes and many times clear them. They cost less than $100

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast