Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks WakMakr

I'm so over the brightness, the 70's knobs are growing on me

Can you elaborate on the wiring a bit more, how did you connect at each end? Maybe a wiring diagram?

So far, I can't wrap my head around how you wired it up based on the colors in the pics...

Rick

BTW, the next best upgrade I did was the TV mount, but that is for another thread
    Last edited by Toy4Rick; 08-27-2022 at 09:15 AM.
    2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2022 Imagine 2500RL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toy4Rick,

See attached image for assistance with my pics. Hope this helps. Looking forward to your TV mount thread!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Connections.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	42750

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @Walmakr, so I don't hijack this thread, here is the link to the TV Mount upgrade
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...094#post446094

Thanks for the updated wiring info

Rick
    2022 Imagine 2500RL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of observations and report of a failed install using the electronic remote operated dimmer. There are different controllers used in various GD units. The controller in this thread is the same as what I have in a 2022 3100RD. The electronic remote type did not work in my unit. Apparently the controller I have senses and monitors the load on the latching circuits. The control panel will not wake up with the electronic dimmer in the ceiling light circuit. The hard wired dimmer shown in this thread and used by the original author appears to be the only type dimmer I can use.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yikes. What a “feature”. I used this dimmer and it worked on my One Control Unity board.

RV LIGHTING WS-01 Eco-LED Wireless Wall Switch & LED Controller with Quick Connectors, for Simple 12V DC installations https://a.co/d/9meQpiL
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, jumped into the Dimmer mod, 2 hours later, working as designed

Thanks everyone for the great conversation on this topic

Safe travels
    2022 Imagine 2500RL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toy4Rick View Post
    OK, jumped into the Dimmer mod, 2 hours later, working as designed

Thanks everyone for the great conversation on this

Safe travels
    Has anyone else tried the wireless dimmer switch on unity board in a 311bhs?
    I tried today to find cabin lights, could not get the to turn off by disconnecting wires.
    I have a red/ white, and purple/white wires on top of board.
    Neither would turn off lights.
    Thanks
    2016 Ram 3500 SWD 3:73 Turbo Diesel 6'4"" box
    OEM puck Pro 16K
    2021 Reflection 311BHS
    Previous:
    2017 Reflection 29RS
    Reese Sidewinder Hitch
    Platte Lake MN.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This dimmer mod thread has become confusing because there are different control panels (mechanical switches, electronic push and touch types), different models of control boards, and different types of dimmers (twist knob and wireless). These are not mutually compatible. It would help immensely to know what control board and type of dimmer will work together. My 2020107939 control board did not work with the wireless dimmer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey JProctor9

Quote Originally Posted by jproctor9 View Post
    I just installed high side dimmer knobs above the Compass Connect panel. Plan on doing a write up since I also moved the control box, but here is the final result.

Used these dimmers:
    https://www.amazon.com/acegoo-Haloge.../dp/B08RD5MZPW
    Attachment 37184

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    saw your post on the dimmer switches you installed very impressive by the way! i'm trying to do the same on a 2021 grand design 17MKE and but can't figure out the wiring. I,m in the compass connect but nothing I try seems to work, can you post pictures of the wiring diagram that would be very very helpful. Thank you Don

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by handymanDon View Post
    saw your post on the dimmer switches you installed very impressive by the way! i'm trying to do the same on a 2021 grand design 17MKE and but can't figure out the wiring. I,m in the compass connect but nothing I try seems to work, can you post pictures of the wiring diagram that would be very very helpful. Thank you Don
    Check the diagram in post #22 in this thread. It's not my diagram but shows exactly what to do. The diagram goes with pictures in posts #19 and 20.

You'll need to remove the lighting wires from the controller. Typically these are the top two wires on the right side. The dimmer red wire connects to the controller. The dimmer black wire connects to the wires that were removed from the controller (they go to the lights). The dimmer white wire connects to ground (easiest is the ground post on the controller).

Hope this helps.
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast