User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone happen to know where the Compass Connect Control Unit is for a 2022 Imagine, 2500RL?

Virtually every light needs to be dimmable, IMHO

Thanks, Rick

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my 321bhts it was in the pass thru storage behind the rear panel. Easy to get to and work on. For the non compass connect lights that have wall switches, I put in these:

American Technology Components 12... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079TJTP1W...p_mob_ap_share

I used a sharp knife to make the hole in the wall just a little bit larger. Nearly a direct replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, found the control unit, it is in an upper kitchen cabinet by the sink...

The down side is my 2022 2500RL uses a common ground so I need a High Side dimmer switch and the WS-01DC is apparently a low side switch, basically I can't use this dimmer

If anyone has been successful installing the RF Dimmer WS-01DC, please share...

FYI, I really don't like the knob type, would much prefer the remote

Oh well, back to the drawing board

Rick
    Last edited by Toy4Rick; 06-09-2022 at 10:01 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jproctor9 View Post
    I just installed high side dimmer knobs above the Compass Connect panel. Plan on doing a write up since I also moved the control box, but here is the final result.

Used these dimmers:
    https://www.amazon.com/acegoo-Haloge.../dp/B08RD5MZPW
    Attachment 37184

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    James,

Did you ever do a write up? I want to do this in my 22mle but don't want to reinvent the wheel!

Thanks,
    Darrel
    Darrel and Angela
    Imagine XLS 22MLE
    GMC Sierra 3.0L Duramax
    Anderson WDH
    Ballentine SC

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrel and Angela View Post
    James,

Did you ever do a write up? I want to do this in my 22mle but don't want to reinvent the wheel!

Thanks,
    Darrel
    Sorry for being a bit slow to respond. Not getting Tapatalk notifications.

Never got around to writing up the install as I was going to take more pictures when I replaced one of the dimmers (it whines).

However there are more pictures in the thread linked below regarding moving the One Connect module.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...OneControl-Box

I am also happy to answer any questions here or in a PM.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question

For the high side dimmer, does it go behind the Compass Connect panel or after the Control Unit before the lights?

At my Control unit, I don't have a bundle of common ground wires

Haven't yet taken the Compass Connect out to see what is there, any tricks to get the face plate off w/o breaking it?

Thanks, Rick

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toy4Rick

The dimmer must be wired into the wires that go to the lights. This is downstream of all electronics. In my case, downstream of the one connect unity board. So. Basically, find the wires that go to the lights. Thanks n my case has t was a two conductor lamp cord type wire where one conductor was power and one was ground. So, for me, easy to find the ground.

No faceplate pulling here. Find the info mitt board and wire in your dimmer between that and the lights.

Hope this helps. The dimmer capability has been essential to our enjoyment of the coach.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    Toy4Rick

The dimmer must be wired into the wires that go to the lights. This is downstream of all electronics. In my case, downstream of the one connect unity board. So. Basically, find the wires that go to the lights. Thanks n my case has t was a two conductor lamp cord type wire where one conductor was power and one was ground. So, for me, easy to find the ground.

No faceplate pulling here. Find the info mitt board and wire in your dimmer between that and the lights.

Hope this helps. The dimmer capability has been essential to our enjoyment of the coach.
    Thanks for the update, this helps...

Since my control unit is near mid trailer and the Compass Connect is rear trailer, to get a dimmer at the Compass Connect I would have to pull a new wire, not ideal but might be doable, I'll look into it

Thanks again
    Rick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dimmers on 2500RL

I did the dimmer install on the 2500RL this past weekend. Figured I would post here as a followup for Toy4Rick and whoever lands on this thread. I know Rick doesn't like the knob dimmers but the install should be similar without having to pull the wires. I installed dimmers on the awning lights and the ceiling lights. I located the control panel in same location in the cabinet above the sink behind a false panel. I used the high side dimmers and wired them back to control unit using the common ground on the unit. I have labeled the pics below. I used 14 gauge 3-conductor extension cord wire to simplify pulling the wires and help in identifying the correct circuits. I ran the wires by exposing the chase behind the TV and microwave. The microwave is easy to pull out by removing the 4 screws through the face plate. To identify the circuits I just used a volt meter on each of the terminals and turned the lights on and off. Removing the wires from the control unit is easy but not intuitive. The little black lever needs to be pulled/pushed away from the unit with a cam action to take pressure off the wire clamp. I hope the pics are self explanatory.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10 - Cabinet.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	42701

Name:	20 - Panel.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	42702

Name:	30 - Microwave.jpg