User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    I am hoping to pick up where some of the thread has ended. Have read many of the post on the forum. Trying to install the WS-01DC Eco-LED RF dimmer (picture attached). I know it has been successfully installed by users here on the forum. However, from images it is hard to tell where certain wires are being connected.

My rig is a 2023 Imagine 2670MK. The Unity board is under the bathroom sink. I have isolated the wire to the main cabin lights. In the pic it is the top wire on the right side of the board (circled in yellow). I have a ground wire running from the board’s ground with a 3-way Wago connector attached (circled in black). It is my understanding the Input (+) on the dimmer will go to the top right of the board, the original wire that controls the main lights will connect to the (+) LED on the opposite side of the dimmer. My question concerns about the two sides of the dimmer negatives. Can these BOTH be connected to the ground on the board or do they need to be attached to separate places?

I have attached the dimmer in-line to one of the puck lights and it did work to dim. It of course will only dim one of the pucks in that configuration. Appreciate any help!

Attachment 50484

Attachment 50485

Attachment 50486
    Look at it as if you are putting the dimmer in between the lights. One side is the input and one is an output. The ground and positive from the unity board connects to one side of the dimmer The opposite side of the dimmer connects to the positive of the light and the negative of the light. These lights are then connected down the line.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1044.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	50487
    Last edited by ardvark16; 04-17-2024 at 09:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. Understood on the placement of dimmer. I don’t see a negative for the output to connect. There is the output for the lights and it is only one wire that is visible.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    Thank you. Understood on the placement of dimmer. I donÂ’t see a negative for the output to connect. There is the output for the lights and it is only one wire that is visible.
    There should be a bundle of grounds on a wago. The lights def have a ground. Not sure where it is on that trailer. Mine were right next to the unity board.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 278BH (150)
    2022 Ford F-350 Lariat Godzilla SRW
    B&W Companion Ford OEM 20k with Turning Point

2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4 gas (SOLD)
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 21BHE (SOLD)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dimmer connected to Unity board

Determined the dimmer device I wanted to use (WS-01DC RF dimmer) will not be compatible with my 2023 GD Imagine 2670MK. Purchased a high side dimmer switch, pictured below, which works! I used the following wiring pattern:

1. Removed top right brown wire on Unity board. This is the output to the main cabin lights.
    2. Red wire on dimmer switch to the top right, now vacant, location on the Unity board.
    3. White wire on dimmer switch to brown wire from the Unity board.
    4. Black wire on dimmer switch to ground on Unity board.

To make the connections super easy, I used Wago connectors and spare 14 gauge wire. I plan to mount the switch in the partition board later.

Hope this will help someone else!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2921.jpeg 
Views:	4 
Size:	985.2 KB 
ID:	50512

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456