Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black and Grey valves sticking 2020 315RLTS

Hi. When we pull the black and grey handles, it appears the rubber valves seem to be hardening? and sticky. We have lubricated the rods but that isn't helping. Question: Is it normal to have the handles take such force to open? How do we get the rubber valves lubricated and/or does this seem like the issue?
    Thank you in advance for any help/suggestions.
    Linda
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20211010_085047.jpg  

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black and Grey valves sticking 2020 315RLTS

Not much of a help for your situation, but mine has been experiencing similar. Mine is a 2020 and I have noticed more resistance opening and closing the valves. I believe this is a very common theme over time with these. Mine is buttoned up for the winter, but I will be checking the valves in the spring. Maybe there is some kind of lube to put on the actual seals?
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahooie View Post
    Hi. When we pull the black and grey handles, it appears the rubber valves seem to be hardening? and sticky. We have lubricated the rods but that isn't helping. Question: Is it normal to have the handles take such force to open? How do we get the rubber valves lubricated and/or does this seem like the issue?
    Thank you in advance for any help/suggestions.
    Linda
    If it is in fact your valves, some people have put coconut oil, vegetable oil etc. down the toilet/shower or sink & let it soak.
    I've been wrestling with a real hard push & pull on my grey valve. After a week of spraying with PB Blaster & Zep 45 it has loosened up to a tolerable level.
    Hope this helps.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC