User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haloview RD7P or Vision Works HD VWIC704-HDWLRV which is better?

After reading through numerous threads here and elsewhere I am undecided.

My Furrion observation camera set up (2018 vintage) on my 2018 Reflection 220RK is freezing and cutting out. Trailer is 27' and tip of truck to rear of trailer is 46' Truck is an F350 crew cab 8' bed. So from camera to monitor is about 36'.

I have even tried moving a better antenna to the roof above the camera using this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It did not improve the situation - maybe got an extra bar. Also this antenna failed about half way though my Georgia trip from heck (major truck issues)

I am hoping to get feedback from those of you that have installed and are using the following models, or a model close specific to the brands

The following two models seem to have what I need. It appears the Vison-Works has the better camera and screen resolution. It does not have a booster though so I am concerned about actual range at speed. I do understand that they have a 15' booster antenna and extension cable. Anyone using that? I want a camera that gives good rear view of the traffic behind me at speed (70-75 mph). I don't think I need any side view units. I want it to act as a rear view mirror and for lane changes.

https://www.haloview.com/haloview-7-...stem-rd7p.html
    https://www.technorv.com/vision-work...roduct-reviews

So the big question for folks that actually have first hand knowledge on these two systems, Is do they actually work at speed? What about cutting out or signal lag. This a major issue with my Furrion as many times what I see on the display behind me is actually beside me by the time I look in my mirror. Have you had any issues with either brand and how has customer support been.

I sent an email to Haloview and they did partially respond overnight to my questions on wiring, but neglected responding to US support and other questions I had on specifications. I think they are based in Hong Kong, but don't have a US based distributor.

Thanks
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only speak about the Haloview 5RD mini. Same camera as the 7RD but a 5" monitor. I mounted the antenna on the camper roof at the front just back from where the curve begins. I also added the voltage booster module to insure that the camera gets a constant 12v. The smaller screen is mounted in the lower left corner of my dash so it doesn't block the forward view field.

That stated, it works very well at speed and pairs every time. WiFi works best with a clear line of sight. The forward mount antenna reduces both distance and "blockage" caused by the trailer itself. As for the camera definition, it's light years better than my factory back up camera. No cut out or signal lag. What I see on the monitor looks like the view in the mirror as to location (think adjacent lane). While some do not like the idea of running the antenna cable on the roof, this was not a concern for me.

I originally had a bad antenna unit. All correspondence was handled by email and yes there is a one day time lag but...
    I dealt with the same individual and they responded very quickly with a replacement unit. The experience was much better than expected and better than some local service I have experienced in the past.

Good luck.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another content Haloview customer here. I have the RD7. I would buy again but with the 5" monitor. The 7" takes up more space than I would like. We tried placing it down on the console but gets in the way of the coffee mugs a bit. So it's on the dash because easy access to coffee is more important than seeing down the road.....
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Another content Haloview customer here. I have the RD7. I would buy again but with the 5" monitor. The 7" takes up more space than I would like. We tried placing it down on the console but gets in the way of the coffee mugs a bit. So it's on the dash because easy access to coffee is more important than seeing down the road.....
    Halo makes a mount to allow hanging from the rear view mirror

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the haloview with the 5in screen. It’s a great company. They emailed me back and forth to make sure I didn’t order the wrong camera. Shipped straight from Hong Kong. I ran the wire down the ladder underneath to the A Frame where the propane takes are. If works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk