User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude 310 GK-R Refrigerator

We have a 2021 310 GK-R. Our refrigerator slides out and hits the island when traveling and we now have a good sized dent in the door. I asked the dealer and he said to make sure there is a block of wood behind and on top of the refrigerator. There is and I assume that is to keep it from tipping. Our issue is it slides out. We now put a pool noodle cut in 1/2 on the island and that seems to work but I would like to find a more permanent solution. Also the unit is only 5 months old. Should I ask the dealer to replaced our dented refrigerator door?

Thank you.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armygolfer View Post
    We have a 2021 310 GK-R. Our refrigerator slides out and hits the island when traveling and we now have a good sized dent in the door. Should I ask the dealer to replaced our dented refrigerator door?

Thank you.
    The dent was caused by a manufacturing issue. The issue and the damage that is caused should be covered.

We are considering a 310GK-R. How do you like it (other than the fridge issue?)

-B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We absolutely love ours. This is literally the only issue I've had.
    Just got back from the dealer (Explore USA). They were great. Said bring it in Thursday and they'll look at it and come up with a fix. Also would file a warranty claim for the door. Excellent customer service

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There should be screws through metal tabs at the bottom of the fridge (near the front feet) going into the slide floor. These will keep the fridge from sliding... perhaps those weren't installed during assembly. The wood panel across the top is to keep the fridge from tipping. The door latch for the refrigerator doors that come from the factory don't really work. They jiggle loose and allow the fridge doors to swing open. The best solution we've found for that is called Fridge Fixer. It's usually available through Amazon but is currently not available... don't know if that has anything to do with the pandemic or supply chain issues. As for warranty, give it a try - it might be a gray area.

Finally, welcome to the forum! You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armygolfer View Post
    We have a 2021 310 GK-R. Our refrigerator slides out and hits the island when traveling and we now have a good sized dent in the door. I asked the dealer and he said to make sure there is a block of wood behind and on top of the refrigerator. There is and I assume that is to keep it from tipping. Our issue is it slides out. We now put a pool noodle cut in 1/2 on the island and that seems to work but I would like to find a more permanent solution. Also the unit is only 5 months old. Should I ask the dealer to replaced our dented refrigerator door?

Thank you.
    Sorry you are having this issue. I would need to go out and look but I think our frig has a bracket on each side of the bottom that is screwed in and holds the frig in place in conjunction with the block of wood on the top area. The only problem we have had and it has been addressed in various threads is the freezer drawer sliding open. We put a pillow between it and the island before travel. Others have purchased a locking devise.
    Rich And Janet (no dog or cats, 8 grandkids but not with us all at once)
    Onalaska, WA
    2011 F350, 4X4, B&W hitch
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx much. Appreciate the quuck response.