User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heated Water Hose

We bought the following electric heated hose…

Camco 25ft Cold Weather Heated Drinking Water Hose Can Withstand Temperatures Down to -40°F/C- Lead and BPA Free, Reinforced for Maximum Kink Resistance 5/8" Inner Diameter (22923)

Realistically, we aren’t going to use it down to -40, but someone at the RV park said that we need to disconnect at 25 degrees. Is this the truth, or can we go much lower than that? Any input is appreciated, thank you

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leechantee View Post
    We bought the following electric heated hose…

Camco 25ft Cold Weather Heated Drinking Water Hose Can Withstand Temperatures Down to -40°F/C- Lead and BPA Free, Reinforced for Maximum Kink Resistance 5/8" Inner Diameter (22923)

Realistically, we aren’t going to use it down to -40, but someone at the RV park said that we need to disconnect at 25 degrees. Is this the truth, or can we go much lower than that? Any input is appreciated, thank you
    Never heard of that before. I would guess the only reason the park said that is their stand pipes are not insulated and have heat tape on them. That's only a guess.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We routinely keep our heated hose in service down into the teens... provided that the water standpipe is insulated and heated. If single digits are predicted with high winds (yes - we've experienced that a few times, too), I'll fill the fresh water tank and disconnect and drain the water hose (still leaving it plugged in).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would assume most northern year round campgrounds would have heated/insulated standpipes. However after last winter, would plan on ensuring that any campground I went to had one if camping in the winter months (i.e. the odd Texas winter freeze experience) including a heated hose to boot.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used our heated hose without problems during the Texas freeze last winter and had no problems. The water connection was insulated and I did add some extra insulation. I've never heard of turning it off at 25 degrees. I do keep the fresh water tank full as a back up.