User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    The 295 has been in production since at least 2019....or are you referring to the use of the 2 pex lines I referred to in my post?
    Yes, the 2 pex lines....Thank you !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Yes, the 2 pex lines....Thank you !

Dan
    OK..gotcha! Unfortunately the trailer is away in storage now so unable to take a pic, but basically it's the same as pics in previous posts with the pex tube right next to fresh water drain, except it has 2 tubes side by side, same length.
    I am trying to understand the 2 tube concept...is it simply that a vacuum can't be created since the 2nd tube provides air intake?
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    OK..gotcha! Unfortunately the trailer is away in storage now so unable to take a pic, but basically it's the same as pics in previous posts with the pex tube right next to fresh water drain, except it has 2 tubes side by side, same length.
    I am trying to understand the 2 tube concept...is it simply that a vacuum can't be created since the 2nd tube provides air intake?
    Yes, that is exactly the reason for the two lines although my understanding is that they needed to be different lengths to work.
    I retrofitted my 2018 to this system and it really does stop any siphoning. It will not stop any water from sloshing out while travelling however. I put valves on both my lines to stop that.
    2018 295RL Relection
    2018 Silverado HD2500

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    @Keebler

Thanks, I try my best. Lots of years in construction and the old back ain't what it use to be... some of these mods are a necessary evil.
    @IBEW Sparky Speaking of construction...do I spy cantruss there? From a fellow IBEW (Canada) member.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    @IBEW Sparky Speaking of construction...do I spy cantruss there? From a fellow IBEW (Canada) member.

I'm not familiar with the term "cantruss"? Are you referring to the aluminum unistrut? I love the versatility of making/mounting things with unistrut. Aluminum, fiberglass, or stainless steel are best for little projects like this... galvanized steel where strength is needed. I try and avoid the green painted stuff unless it's inside and never gonna see any moisture.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxles View Post
    Yes, that is exactly the reason for the two lines although my understanding is that they needed to be different lengths to work.
    I retrofitted my 2018 to this system and it really does stop any siphoning. It will not stop any water from sloshing out while travelling however. I put valves on both my lines to stop that.
    If you installed valves, I suppose you have to leave the one for fresh air intake open all the time otherwise it can't do it's job?
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    I'm not familiar with the term "cantruss"? Are you referring to the aluminum unistrut? I love the versatility of making/mounting things with unistrut. Aluminum, fiberglass, or stainless steel are best for little projects like this... galvanized steel where strength is needed. I try and avoid the green painted stuff unless it's inside and never gonna see any moisture.
    Same, I hadn't heard of Cantruss before.
    I mostly used B-Line & Unistrut. Aluminum & Stainless were my favorite, but pricey, & HDG that had the thicker layer.

Cantruss - I had to look it up:
    Based on THOMAS & BETTS INTERNATIONAL, INC.(a Delaware Cor, the CANTRUSS trademark is used in the following business: Cable trays and components of a metal framing system used as supporting structure for electrical equipment such as cable trays, conduits, busducts, lighting fixtures, and the like. , Components of metal supporting and framing structures for mechanical devices, pipelines, water mains, sewage mains and the like.
    Last edited by gbkims; 10-15-2021 at 08:09 AM.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya, in my area (North Western Ontario) uni-strut was commonly called cantruss (regardless of brand) when I was an apprentice in the late '80's. Some of us still use it. Now it's usually just called deep or shallow strut.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So... best way to winterize... drain using the 2 lines (plus hot water) or use the pink rv gallon jugs and the 12v pump?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123