User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Internet

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have the Wineguard 360 or the 360+? Plain 360 is not wifi ready. Need the 360+.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As background, my wife & I own a business; I am 90% retired, but Mary is still working 3 or 4 days a week. We go out on two or three 6-week adventures each year. On the days she works, she must have rock solid connectivity.

Earlier this year I went with a Pepwave driven system with an organization called Mobile Must Have. It is driven by two SIM card slots, which allows us to use two different carriers. We use AT&T and Verizon. For AT&T we have a 80G monthly plan and we have four 20G plans for Verizon. Yes, this is a lot of data capacity, but Mary spends her work days almost 100% on Zoom calls. Sometimes both carriers are available at our site, sometimes only one. We have never had a situation when neither has been available for usage.

We also have a Verizon MIFI with “unlimited” data that we try to use for our personal usage, but it does throttle when we reach 15G in a month. But usually by then we know where we stand with the business portal, which then allows us to “rob” data from the Pepwave.

Total cost of all the above (excluding equipment purchase) is about $150 per month; we can have these plans hibernate during the periods we are not on the road.

One other point: because our truck has a household (20W???) electrical plug, we can actually use the Pepwave unit while we are traveling.
    Last edited by JohnnyBadger; 10-14-2021 at 08:11 AM.
    John & Mary
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Limited - Mega Cab; 6.7L Cummins; SB; DRW; 4X4; Aisin; 4.10
    Curt A20 Slider

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just went with the Poynying Mimo external antenna and a Mimo 5500 router. I’m just now going to T mobile and getting a SIM card to create a hot spot. Will get back later to see how it works in the N Ga mountains in early November. Notoriously bad coverage there. Stand by…

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Were you a Verizon customer when you got the unlimited plan? We have a pepwave router also.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12