User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Internet

Trying to decide the best internet service for west coast traveling, I have the winegard 360 factory installed. Momentum endorses the gateway router with either ATT, T Mobil, or Verizon, any suggestions?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These folks are the go-to gurus on mobile connectivity:

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the Verizon Orbic. It seems to work pretty well.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    2018 F-250 crew cab 6.7 Powerstroke
    2022 Grand Design Momentum 349m
    https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For mobile plans, at least take a look at the Tmobile 55+ plans. We're still looking, but headed that direction. Waiting for a test hotspot to arrive...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had the T-Mobile 55+ plan for several years now. It works fine most of the time. But remember many campgrounds can be in quite rural areas. Then making a hotspot doesn't work so good.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a pepwave in my momentum, was able to register for an unlimited data plan straight from Verizons website using the IMEI on the pepwave.

Just finished our west coast trip, in Vegas now heading back to Texas.

Very happy with the service out here, issues I ran into were campsites surrounded by large pines, I wasn't able to use my directional antenna due to no line of site to the cell towers.

Omni directional antenna in these scenarios was mediocre at best... Fortunate to have had good camp wifi in those particular sites.

All an all unlimited plan direct from Verizon I am happy with... I had rv mobile must have plans before, not a reflection of them, but the reseller they partner with has no customer service, will deactivate service without warning etc, will not refund auto draft payments via PayPal (real shady stuff) and I was not happy with my purchase... Milage may vary, buyer beware.

At least with Verizon unlimited plan I can call Verizon if I have issues.

I work remote as a software engineer on the road full time and have a heavy data usage family.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal27 View Post
    I have a pepwave in my momentum, was able to register for an unlimited data plan straight from Verizons website using the IMEI on the pepwave.
    I didn't know there was an unlimited plan we could get from Verizon. Can you please let me know how to get it?
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alkbch View Post
    I didn't know there was an unlimited plan we could get from Verizon. Can you please let me know how to get it?
    Just go here and check your device IMEI for the bring your own device plans (byod). There was an unlimited option for my pepwave, still has a monthly GB limit subject to throttling if you got over, I haven't had any issues with that part.

https://www.verizon.com/bring-your-o...imei-esn-meid/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I’ll check it out.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been using the Verizon Jetpack MiFi 8800L with good success. It does have TS9 ports that will allow for the connection of an external antenna; although I am not using them. As mentioned, Verizon's "unlimited" plan does throttle, you can pay more to increase that threshold.

One other thing worth noting, when bundled with certain plans (I forget the name of the plans) on your phone, they will give you 50% off the additional line for the hotspot.

Obviously, this solution is only as good as Verizon's cellular coverage.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast