Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camping around Pinehurst NC

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding a campground or state park for a one to two week stay near Pinehurst NC? I've look through most of the standard sources (RV Trip Wizard, et. al.) and can't seem to find anything.
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2017 Ford F-350 Lariat SRW CC Short Bed, Power Stroke 6.7L
    Pullrite Superglide 16k

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the late reply - this is a tough one. Daughter and husband live in that area and there are slim pickings. My oldest stopped there on his way from FL to NH to visit his sister and the only thing close was Airport RV Park in Carthage. Not many spots and not paved but a rib shack that got good reviews if I recall - they were starting some improvements last Feb when we were down there. Pretty basic but close (http://www.airportrvpark.com/).
    One of the reasons we ordered the 310 was I'm not doing 900 mile one day drives any longer. Plenty of places to stop along the way but the best rated spots seem to be off of 95 in Fayetteville or up closer to Cary which is not a short drive to Pinehurst (30ish miles). Nothing else close to where they live except for private clubs.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Sorry for the late reply - this is a tough one. Daughter and husband live in that area and there are slim pickings. My oldest stopped there on his way from FL to NH to visit his sister and the only thing close was Airport RV Park in Carthage. Not many spots and not paved but a rib shack that got good reviews if I recall - they were starting some improvements last Feb when we were down there. Pretty basic but close (http://www.airportrvpark.com/).
    One of the reasons we ordered the 310 was I'm not doing 900 mile one day drives any longer. Plenty of places to stop along the way but the best rated spots seem to be off of 95 in Fayetteville or up closer to Cary which is not a short drive to Pinehurst (30ish miles). Nothing else close to where they live except for private clubs.
    That pretty much confirms what I've found. I'm surprised that there aren't more choices in that area. Thanks for the info. BTW we love our 310GK. It's really a great layout. We're pulling it with a SRW F-350. No problems, so far, but I really wouldn't want to pull anything any bigger with a SRW..
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    Pullrite Superglide 16k

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think there are some nice ones on Ft. Bragg proper but there are also a lot of rentals available (or at least there were) for the fly-in golfing community. Some of the horse farms are set up with their own pads, electric, and sewer. My daughter lived in her horse trailer at one farm for a couple of years before settling down but it is surprising that there isn't more available given that it is a popular destination.

Glad to hear about the 310 and SRW. It's what I have and fits in my garage (TV that is - thus out of snow and ice). It was our preferred layout and we also did not want to go any larger. The only concern I have is what the pin weight will be as we added some options. It's supposed to come off the line at Elkhart today. The only place I dread is the Millard Tydings Memorial bridge but that's true in a car too!
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Think there are some nice ones on Ft. Bragg proper but there are also a lot of rentals available (or at least there were) for the fly-in golfing community. Some of the horse farms are set up with their own pads, electric, and sewer. My daughter lived in her horse trailer at one farm for a couple of years before settling down but it is surprising that there isn't more available given that it is a popular destination.

Glad to hear about the 310 and SRW. It's what I have and fits in my garage (TV that is - thus out of snow and ice). It was our preferred layout and we also did not want to go any larger. The only concern I have is what the pin weight will be as we added some options. It's supposed to come off the line at Elkhart today. The only place I dread is the Millard Tydings Memorial bridge but that's true in a car too!
    Ours is pretty stripped down exception for a stackable washer/dryer and a heavy (104 lbs) queen mattress, and it "pins-in" at exactly 3000 lbs packed for a week and dry. Put my wife and I in the truck, along with the hitch, and we pretty much max out the payload. If you need to, a little trick to get weight off the pin with the 310GK is to put some water in the fresh tank, which is located behind the axles. It will increase your gross weight, but reduce the pin weight. Just don't let the pin weight get much below 20% of the gross trailer weight or the handling will start to get a little loose.

Congrats on the new rig.
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    Pullrite Superglide 16k

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for that info and that is a heavy mattress. Will be interested to see what we get for a pin weight and gross weight as we added dual-pane, solar, and generator as well as the 8K axles so the trailer is going to be on the heavy side. When we looked at 310s on the lot, the placards were all over the map even though the units were all optioned the same. Varied a couple hundred lbs. Already had the truck on the scales so I know what I have to play with in payload. First trip will be to the scales after we take delivery.
    Robin & John

2023 stays