User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic furnace ignition cycling

Hello! Third trip in our brand new 2022 Imagine 2800BH and we discovered the furnace would not light. Originally the fan would turn on and run for 30 seconds but no ignition sounds and no gas. GD support suggested checking the sail switch which ended up being bent. I straightened the blade and reinstalled the sail switch, now the furnace ignites for about a second (can smell gas/exhaust at the exhaust port) then stops, though the fan continues to run. This process continues every 10 to 15 seconds until I turn the furnace off. Gas works to the stoves, refrigerator, and hot water.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Video for reference:
    https://youtu.be/gVPkdfzJZZ0

Best,
    The Henleys

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the limit switch is not working or you have a bad control board. I know the Suburban furnace fairly well and suspect Dometic will be similar. But since it is brand new I would ask for a unit replacement. It takes several hours of labor to truly diagnose a heater and only about 1 hour of labor to replace one. If your dealer/service center is not cooperating you can contact Dometic directly.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750