User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black water leaking

I have a 2020 keystone Hyde out, I have had black water on the floor after being on the road the last 2 times I went out. I pulled the toilet off thinking it was the O ring on the floor but I found that my toilet had black water inside the double wall. Anybody have any idea how black water could get inside the double wall of the toilet?

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would guess that you have a crack in the toilet some where between the bottom of the toilet and the gate valve at the bottom of the water bowl. During travel, black water is swishing up into that space and is leaking out onto the floor/double walled area.

Another guess...

You are going to need a new toilet.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a bunch of knowledgeable folks here and @SolarPoweredRV has given you a good start. You might, however, get some input more specific to your RV on a Keystone forum.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forget the make and model but there are a lot of reports on the forest river forum about one model with an issue. If this is the case you can see the water in back near the floor, may need a mirror. If this is the case just replace it with a different model. Apparently other model in the same brand are ok.
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem is with the Dometic 300, lots of complaints about it. The Dometic 310 is the replacement and eliminates the issue. Dometic was replacing many of them free of charge. You may want to contact Dometic.

When we got our new Grand Design I was hoping it would have a Dometic 310, but it comes with the Thetford...no experience with those, hopefully they are fine.
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's