User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wobbly dining table

My 22MLE's dining table has a slight wobble, it's not so bad that things roll off it's just very annoying. It is the pedestal type that has clam shell type clamps to hold it in place, which is where the wobble occurs. I have tightened the clamps to the point the rubber is meeting stopping it from further tightening although the screws could be tightened further.
    So my question is has anyone tried to trim the rubber to allow the clamps to tighten further or could this make matters worst?
    MrBaker
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2011 Ford F250 Lariat 6.2 L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbaker View Post
    My 22MLE's dining table has a slight wobble...
    I also have a 22MLE and have the same issue/concern about the table. Hopefully someone here in this forum can provide some words of wisdom. That said, i do have an appointment after the Savanah rally at Skidaway state park for my 1st yearly "tune-up" which I have already indicated to service to please look into this.

Hope to see any and all at the rally !
    Mitch and Alisa Frank
    2020 Imagine XLS 22 MLE
    2020 RAM 2500 Diesel

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours was the same way to the point that I was going to install an angle iron on the wall so that the table would sit on. I then tightened the 2 bracket on the post first and that did the trick. Tighten them nice and tight and it should do the trick.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fixed

My 22MLE's dining table has a slight wobble, it's not so bad that things roll off it's just very annoying. It is the pedestal type that has clam shell type clamps to hold it in place, which is where the wobble occurs. I have tightened the clamps to the point the rubber is meeting stopping it from further tightening although the screws could be tightened further.
    So my question is has anyone tried to trim the rubber to allow the clamps to tighten further or could this make matters worst?
    Finally got my trailer back from the shop and decided to trim the clamps a bit which took the wobble out.
    MrBaker
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got my trailer back from the shop and decided to trim the clamps a bit which took the wobble out.
    This has been a constant pain with our 22 MLE and the table wobble. Forgive the "dumb" question, but when you say "trim the clamps" what does that mean? What did you do and what tools did you use?

Thanks in advance...
    Mitch and Alisa Frank
    2020 Imagine XLS 22 MLE
    2020 RAM 2500 Diesel

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrffrank440 View Post
    This has been a constant pain with our 22 MLE and the table wobble. Forgive the "dumb" question, but when you say "trim the clamps" what does that mean? What did you do and what tools did you use?

Thanks in advance...
    He means really tighten those 2 clamps down as much as you can on the table pole. You can turn the bolt behind it to adjust the tightness. That's what we did and it worked.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We experienced this problem also. I didn't cut any rubber but did the "reverse order" tightening (as stated by Steph) and it has worked very well. Just an aside, there's really nothing in our trailer that doesn't wobble/shift/slide/chafe/sag/rattle/flicker or at times makes an irritating sound or smell, more or less.

Just sayin'.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wobbly table

Quote Originally Posted by mrffrank440 View Post

Thanks in advance...
    I did try to tighten the clamps but after I could not tighten any more due to the clamp ends meeting, I removed the bolt and used a dremel with a barrel sanding attachment to trim the ends of the clamp.
    MrBaker
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    He means really tighten those 2 clamps down as much as you can on the table pole. You can turn the bolt behind it to adjust the tightness. That's what we did and it worked.
    Thanks. I will try it again, although I think I did it as tight as I could. I may try what Steph and Capt Rob did.
    Mitch and Alisa Frank
    2020 Imagine XLS 22 MLE
    2020 RAM 2500 Diesel