User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pnoetzel View Post
    I just winterized my tankless , and trailer.
    The baffle, or stiff horizontal plate just lifts up.
    The brass looking grooved plug at the bottom right of heater is the drain. Small pliers will remove it.
    It has a small o-ring that is the seal.
    Open a faucet in trailer and it will drain water out.
    The Black looking plug above that has a large screwdriver slot to remove filter, water will drain out of that.
    I ran 25 psi air thru system like I always do , and that pushes more water out.
    I bypassed the water tank, ( red lever) turned 90 deg. And added anti freeze.
    Hope this helps.
    OK... update... My RV is in storage... and there are RVs on both sides of it so I could NOT get inside. I did find that the lower panel in the Tankless Heater compartment DID slide up... (sure looked like it was welded)... and I found the two drains you mentioned... got both of them open easily... and yes, water flowed out and stopped... no "pink" stuff came out though...

I then hooked up the outside spray hose and opened the hot water valve... no more water came out of the heater ports.... so I closed both of them up again.

So I am in a quandary as to what to do... keep my fingers crossed that since I drained the two ports to where no more water would come out that there will not be any 'freeze' problems... or do I need to hook the RV up to my truck, move it out enough to where I can get into the door, and then open a faucet to see if more water comes out... or will I need to purchase more antifreeze and see if I can pump antifreeze to where it comes out the two heater ports....

For sure, I will make a "check list" for next year to be sure I remember the tankless heater as well as the pre-plumbed washing machine hookups...

Any suggestions are really welcome!
    Cowboychincs
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel Platinum
    Castle Rock, CO

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboychincs View Post
    OK... update... My RV is in storage... and there are RVs on both sides of it so I could NOT get inside. I did find that the lower panel in the Tankless Heater compartment DID slide up... (sure looked like it was welded)... and I found the two drains you mentioned... got both of them open easily... and yes, water flowed out and stopped... no "pink" stuff came out though...

I then hooked up the outside spray hose and opened the hot water valve... no more water came out of the heater ports.... so I closed both of them up again.

So I am in a quandary as to what to do... keep my fingers crossed that since I drained the two ports to where no more water would come out that there will not be any 'freeze' problems... or do I need to hook the RV up to my truck, move it out enough to where I can get into the door, and then open a faucet to see if more water comes out... or will I need to purchase more antifreeze and see if I can pump antifreeze to where it comes out the two heater ports....

For sure, I will make a "check list" for next year to be sure I remember the tankless heater as well as the pre-plumbed washing machine hookups...

Any suggestions are really welcome!
    I’m still trying to figure out how you pushed Antifreeze thru hot and cold faucet in coach, and didn’t get antifreeze into the hot water tank lines!
    I would hook up a jug of antifreeze, and pull the brass plug from heater out and get antifreeze to bleed out.
    There shouldn’t have been pure water in system after you pushed antifreeze thru.
    The only thing I can figure is that the pressure switch that fires heater on demand didn’t or won’t open with low pressure , let the pump fill antifreeze, and shut off, then-open a faucet in coach.
    Bleed off pressure on hot side and open brass drain plug and get pink stuff hopefully.
    Good luck
    2016 Ram 3500 SWD 3:73 Turbo Diesel 6'4"" box
    OEM puck Pro 16K
    2021 Reflection 311BHS
    Previous:
    2017 Reflection 29RS
    Reese Sidewinder Hitch
    Platte Lake MN.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m still trying to figure out how you pushed Antifreeze thru hot and cold faucet in coach, and didn’t get antifreeze into the hot water tank lines!
    I would hook up a jug of antifreeze, and pull the brass plug from heater out and get antifreeze to bleed out.
    There shouldn’t have been pure water in system after you pushed antifreeze thru.
    The only thing I can figure is that the pressure switch that fires heater on demand didn’t or won’t open with low pressure , let the pump fill antifreeze, and shut off, then-open a faucet in coach.
    Bleed off pressure on hot side and open brass drain plug and get pink stuff hopefully.
    Good luck
    Thanks... kind of what I figured that I would do... will go purchase another bottle of the "pink" this morning and do just that. The issue I have is that both sides of my RV are blocked... so I cannot get the door open to get inside... so my plan is to attach the antifreeze to the City Water inlet, set the controls to "winterize", loosen the two plugs on the water hater, turn on the pump, let it prime and build pressure, then hook up the outside shower hose, and turn on the hot side, then open the two heater drains, and see if I can get pink stuff out....

My question is... should I put the handles at 45 degrees while in winterized setting... or leave it in winterize with the red handle off...??? Thoughts?

Thx again...
    Cowboychincs
    Castle Rock, CO

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just winterized my tankless , and trailer.
    The baffle, or stiff horizontal plate just lifts up.
    The brass looking grooved plug at the bottom right of heater is the drain. Small pliers will remove it.
    It has a small o-ring that is the seal.
    Open a faucet in trailer and it will drain water out.
    The Black looking plug above that has a large screwdriver slot to remove filter, water will drain out of that.
    I ran 25 psi air thru system like I always do , and that pushes more water out.
    I bypassed the water tank, ( red lever) turned 90 deg. And added anti freeze.
    Hope this helps.
    Just did our 2021 337RLS this last weekend. I however elected to pull the plastic and brass drain plugs from the tankless water heater and apply 40PSI air and blow out the water. What I saw was very little water actually blow out of the tankless heater. I found the issue was with the larger plastic plug removed the majority of the air was escaping from the port. Once I re-installed just the plastic plug I saw a significate amount of water blow out from the lower drain port. I was satisfied at that point the water was removed following a 5 minute purge. I still pull all drains and leave them removed till spring. One other detail I noticed was both plug O-Rings were torn from the factory and I felt the sealing ability might be compromised. I removed the seals and matched up new high temp O-Rings from local NAPA store. Damn I did forget the W/D connections!! Now hoping they will gravity drain once I open the valves.

Dutchman2

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman2 View Post
    Just did our 2021 337RLS this last weekend. I however elected to pull the plastic and brass drain plugs from the tankless water heater and apply 40PSI air and blow out the water. What I saw was very little water actually blow out of the tankless heater. I found the issue was with the larger plastic plug removed the majority of the air was escaping from the port. Once I re-installed just the plastic plug I saw a significate amount of water blow out from the lower drain port. I was satisfied at that point the water was removed following a 5 minute purge. I still pull all drains and leave them removed till spring. One other detail I noticed was both plug O-Rings were torn from the factory and I felt the sealing ability might be compromised. I removed the seals and matched up new high temp O-Rings from local NAPA store. Damn I did forget the W/D connections!! Now hoping they will gravity drain once I open the valves.

Dutchman2
    Read my reply to pnoetzel above your post... still working on figuring out how to winterize my water heater "post winterization" of my rig....

Yes, the WD connection will most likely sneak up on several folks because I did NOT see it mentioned in any Grand Design instructions or videos.... mine did NOT gravity feed... I actually had to blow them out as well as force pink stuff to them when winterizing the RV... again, I attached a short washing machine hose to the Washing machine bibs and put the other end in a 5 gal bucket so that I would NOT spray the inside of the closet with water as well as pink stuff... worked great... good luck on getting them done...
    Cowboychincs
    Castle Rock, CO

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read my reply to pnoetzel above your post... still working on figuring out how to winterize my water heater "post winterization" of my rig....

Yes, the WD connection will most likely sneak up on several folks because I did NOT see it mentioned in any Grand Design instructions or videos.... mine did NOT gravity feed... I actually had to blow them out as well as force pink stuff to them when winterizing the RV... again, I attached a short washing machine hose to the Washing machine bibs and put the other end in a 5 gal bucket so that I would NOT spray the inside of the closet with water as well as pink stuff... worked great... good luck on getting them done...
    Cowboychincs,
    I am curios as to if you were to isolate the tankless water heater via the nautilus panel and then removed both drain plugs and applied 30-40 psi air pressure to the plastic plug port if it would push the water out of the tanks heater core tubing? Being isolated I think it would. Once mine was blown out I never san another drop come out and as mentioned I leave the plugs removed for winter. I only use the pink stuff in the pea traps.

Dutchman2

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman2 View Post
    Cowboychincs,
    I am curios as to if you were to isolate the tankless water heater via the nautilus panel and then removed both drain plugs and applied 30-40 psi air pressure to the plastic plug port if it would push the water out of the tanks heater core tubing? Being isolated I think it would. Once mine was blown out I never san another drop come out and as mentioned I leave the plugs removed for winter. I only use the pink stuff in the pea traps.

Dutchman2
    Interesting thought.... I am such a novice on the Nautilus control panel, that I am unsure how to set the knobs to where I would only be pushing air to the instant hot water heater... If I felt comfortable about the process, I would attempt that plan... but since I have already pushed pink into the whole system, I may as well see if I can get pink through the two drain ports on the heater.... the question I still have, in doing that, is do I put the red knob at a 45 degree angel when doing it??? If I dont get a reply from anyone, I may start with the the Nautilus in the winterize settings, and see if I can get pink out of the two ports... if not, then I may turn the red handle to 45 degrees and try it that way... thoughts?
    Cowboychincs
    Castle Rock, CO

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: I attached the jug of antifreeze to the City Water inlet, set the controls to "winterize", loosened the brass plug on the water heater, turned on the pump, let it prime and build pressure, then hooked up the outside shower hose, and turn on the hot side, then open the brass heater drains, and see if I can get pink stuff out.... nope, it did not... so I turned the red handle to 45 degrees and clear water followed by pink came out of the brass plug hole... so I immediately turned off the pump, and set the red handle back to the left... sooo, I feel like I have now winterized the tankless heater.

Thoughts or concerns anyone has on what I did above? Sure wish Grand Design would update their winterizing procedure for the RV with a tankless water heater, as well as publish a video of the process. They also need to include info about the washing machine plumbing. Just say'in....
    Cowboychincs
    Castle Rock, CO

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting thought.... I am such a novice on the Nautilus control panel, that I am unsure how to set the knobs to where I would only be pushing air to the instant hot water heater... If I felt comfortable about the process, I would attempt that plan... but since I have already pushed pink into the whole system, I may as well see if I can get pink through the two drain ports on the heater.... the question I still have, in doing that, is do I put the red knob at a 45 degree angel when doing it??? If I dont get a reply from anyone, I may start with the the Nautilus in the winterize settings, and see if I can get pink out of the two ports... if not, then I may turn the red handle to 45 degrees and try it that way... thoughts?
    When the Nautilus is in the bypass setting I would think it bypasses the water heater. Once the heater is drained I think you are fine. No pink stuff needed. The bypass in the older units with 6 gallon tanks saved you from having to use so much pink stuff. I just drained the tank with air and left it open as well on our older unit.

Dutchman2

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: I attached the jug of antifreeze to the City Water inlet, set the controls to "winterize", loosened the brass plug on the water heater, turned on the pump, let it prime and build pressure, then hooked up the outside shower hose, and turn on the hot side, then open the brass heater drains, and see if I can get pink stuff out.... nope, it did not... so I turned the red handle to 45 degrees and clear water followed by pink came out of the brass plug hole... so I immediately turned off the pump, and set the red handle back to the left... sooo, I feel like I have now winterized the tankless heater.

Thoughts or concerns anyone has on what I did above? Sure wish Grand Design would update their winterizing procedure for the RV with a tankless water heater, as well as publish a video of the process. They also need to include info about the washing machine plumbing. Just say'in....
    Seems like you got it done.what a PIA,,,😎
    Next season just have to get thru “ sanitize “ procedure!
    2016 Ram 3500 SWD 3:73 Turbo Diesel 6'4"" box
    OEM puck Pro 16K
    2021 Reflection 311BHS
    Previous:
    2017 Reflection 29RS
    Reese Sidewinder Hitch
    Platte Lake MN.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast