User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winterizing with the Furrion Tankless Water Heater

We just bought our 2021 Reflection 28BH Fifth wheel this year. Previously we had a bumper pull. This is my first year winterizing our Fifth Wheel. Reading the manuals it states that the Furrion 2.4 GPM Tankless Gas Water Heater can have the RV antifreeze run directly through the unit to winterize it. For the winterizing process the manual for the fifth wheel states to put the hot water bypass on that is on the Nautilis P1 system. If I want the antifreeze to run through the Furrion Tankless Water Heater do I just not turn the hot water bypass red lever on in the Nautilis system and put all the other knobs to the winterize mode? I know it says to run compressed air through the system also but I just want to know about the antifreeze. Thanks in advance and safe travels everyone

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wATCHING WITH INTETERST. i';M IN GTHE SAME BOAT.

Watching with interest. I'm in the same boat. I asked a technician this last week when I was having some warranty work done and he said, just remove the drain plug and filter (on the unit as indicated in the manual) and let the unit drain - no need to add antifreeze. I'm still not sure whether to use antifreeze or not.
    Dave & Carol
    Eastern GTA, ON
    2022 Reflection 303RLS Fifth Wheel
    2017 GMC 2500 Crew Cab pick up (6.0 litre Gasser)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading the manual for the Furrion Hot Water Heater it says that you can run anti freeze directly through. I just dont know how to get it to go through the system

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi folks... kind of in the same situation... I winterized my 337RLS this past Tuesday... but I could NOT figure out where the drain is for the tankless water heater... I even wrote Furrion... they wrote back and said to follow the instructions in the manual... OMG... if that would have worked, I would NOT have written them... soooooo, where is it and how do you get to it... my tankless heater has a plate across the bottom of it... not even sure how to remove it so I can look... any help or pics would be great... (funny thing... and not funny... but there are zero videos from Grand Design on how to winterize a tankless water heater... you would figure that that might be important to us owners)
    Cowboychincs
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel Platinum
    Castle Rock, CO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboychincs View Post
    Hi folks... kind of in the same situation... I winterized my 337RLS this past Tuesday... but I could NOT figure out where the drain is for the tankless water heater... I even wrote Furrion... they wrote back and said to follow the instructions in the manual... OMG... if that would have worked, I would NOT have written them... soooooo, where is it and how do you get to it... my tankless heater has a plate across the bottom of it... not even sure how to remove it so I can look... any help or pics would be great... (funny thing... and not funny... but there are zero videos from Grand Design on how to winterize a tankless water heater... you would figure that that might be important to us owners)
    Ya they are not very helpful at all with the tankless water heater situation. Wish someone on here had answers for us

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to mention one important thing on winterizing.... do NOT forget the washing machine hookups... my 337RLS comes setup for washer/dryer... and if I had not seen a video that mentioned them, I would have forgotten it... we do not have a washing machine, but is is 'prepped' for one... An extra hint is that I took a spare washing machine hose and attached it to the faucets and then put the end in a 5 gal bucket so I would NOT spray the inside of the closet with crap... worked great... (too bad that Grand Design does NOT mention a word about the washing machine connections... you would think that we might should know about them for winterizing....)
    Cowboychincs
    Castle Rock, CO

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just winterized my tankless , and trailer.
    The baffle, or stiff horizontal plate just lifts up.
    The brass looking grooved plug at the bottom right of heater is the drain. Small pliers will remove it.
    It has a small o-ring that is the seal.
    Open a faucet in trailer and it will drain water out.
    The Black looking plug above that has a large screwdriver slot to remove filter, water will drain out of that.
    I ran 25 psi air thru system like I always do , and that pushes more water out.
    I bypassed the water tank, ( red lever) turned 90 deg. And added anti freeze.
    Hope this helps.
    2016 Ram 3500 SWD 3:73 Turbo Diesel 6'4"" box
    OEM puck Pro 16K
    2021 Reflection 311BHS
    Previous:
    2017 Reflection 29RS
    Reese Sidewinder Hitch
    Platte Lake MN.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That helps a bunch! Now a follow-up question... since I did not know this, and did not drain those two ports... should I open both of them and then turn on a hot faucet and see if some "pink" stuff comes out, then plug them back again quickly? I would hate that I need to start all over again with antifreeze....

Thoughts anyone?
    Cowboychincs
    Castle Rock, CO

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That helps a bunch! Now a follow-up question... since I did not know this, and did not drain those two ports... should I open both of them and then turn on a hot faucet and see if some "pink" stuff comes out, then plug them back again quickly? I would hate that I need to start all over again with antifreeze....

Thoughts anyone?
    If you have pink antifreeze in system, and did not bypass the hot water tank, it should be already in lines of tankless heater.
    Remove brass plug to confirm
    Good luck
    2016 Ram 3500 SWD 3:73 Turbo Diesel 6'4"" box
    OEM puck Pro 16K
    2021 Reflection 311BHS
    Previous:
    2017 Reflection 29RS
    Reese Sidewinder Hitch
    Platte Lake MN.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks... will for sure give it a test... fingers crossed...
    Cowboychincs
    Castle Rock, CO

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast