User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help most AC power is dead in my Solitude

Used microwave while running the generator and I must have flipped a breaker or blown a fuse. But where??

No breakers on main panel flipped but there is no power to microwave Outlet, outlets for TV, beside couch, running recliners. Outlets on island are all that work in living room and kitchen area.
    Can someone please tell me where to look for the mystery fuse or breaker?

Zan
    Solitude 2930RL

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Zan and Deb retired and traveling in our home on wheels - The Wanderosa!
    Grand Design Solitude S class, 2930RL
    2018 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the GFCI tripped.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look for the reset on the GFCI plug at the end of the 120v line. Could be in the bathroom. You might even have 2. I'm not familiar with your model.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was it a built in generator like the Onan? There are 2 breakers on the generator itself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you tripped the generator breaker(s). They can sometimes be difficult to find but this sounds like your problem.
    Chuck & Robin, LuLu and Georgie
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    2019 2670MK
    5.7 Toyota Tundra TRD with Towing Package
    TRD sway bar & Firestone air bags

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm always shocked and often a little amazed at the amount of mis-information that get posted on these electrical threads. Doing so runs the risk of causing equipment damage or personal injury just for the sake of posting something. Is it really worth the risk. Unlike light wiring or jacks that don't work, this is a serious area. <Rant Off>

The thing everyone needs to understand and yet few do, is that fuses have nothing to do with AC appliances. They are 12VDC.. Period. When someone says their TV, microwave, whatever doesn't work and you have checked the fuses, thet tells us that is could likely be dangerous to give any electrical troubleshooting recommendations.

Circuit breakers can trip and appear to be good. They will not reset without moving them to the off position and then turning them back on. No exceptions. This applies also to the double pole input breakers.

GFCI.. This one confuses more people that you would think. They are basic. They are always at the beginning of a string of outlets, never the last one. If that were the case, only the last one would be protected. They will not reset unless they have power to them. There will only be one in a circuit. I've never seen a string of outlets that have two GFCIs in it. There is just no need to do it.
    GFCI does not trip from drawing too much current. That is the job of the circuit breakers. They trip on current leakage to ground. They normally protect outlets that are in close proximity to water or moister, kitchen, bath, outdoors..

To the OP's original problem... Since it happened while running the gennie, switch your house power back to shore power. If everything works, you have eliminated the trailer and it's wiring. If the same problem persists, then there is a problem within the trailer.
    Reset all of your circuit breakers by turning completely off then back on. Find your GFCI and see if it will reset. If it dies not, you are getting no voltage to it. Given your level of electrical expertise, call a pro to diagnose and fix the problem.
    I'm not trying to be a smart **********, I'm trying to keep everyone safe. I've been doing this stuff for a long time and I've seen my share of injuries and have seen a colleague electrocuted. Don't let it happen to you. Be safe..
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bob Landry,

Appreciate the warning and the advice!

I'm in a 2018 GD Reflection 312bhts, which stays stationary at our lot in DHS, Calif.

I am experiencing this problem on the right side of my RV. I (having just purchased,) do not know where all of the GFCI outlets are in the rig. Is there a diagram (even a general plan) for where GFCI's were initially planned? How many are there? Is there one for every AC circuit?

I had checked the three that I found, and they were normal (and working). The 120AC outlets are on the circuit in the master bedroom, dining table, theater seating, and the guest room at the rear. No 120 vac to that circuit. We're connected to 50A Shore Power with a Surge block at the Pole; I have reset those, and several (but not all) of the RV AC breakers in the breaker panel.

Thank you for any assistance,
    Walt Davis

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought most Reflection rigs had one GFCI outlet that feeds the downstream outlets connected to it.
    Mine is on the kitchen island. Others are at a hutch or bathroom.
    There's also the Molex SCPC connectors that connect solid wiring in the underbelly to the flexible cord for the slide out and then another Molex connector inside the slide out that goes from the flexible cord to solid wire again.

Couple of other rigs the owners traced out their wiring. Just a general guide that's probably better than the electriacl plan GD can give you.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post216229
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post287179

Molex SCPC connectors:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post206775
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...e-SO-Type-Cord
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank