User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did I Screw Myself By Screwing a Hole in a Water Tank?

Hi all, while trying to simplify my camping setup process and making my water/hose setup semi-permanent, I'm afraid I may have screwed myself. Specifically, as you can see in the photo, I've attached my water filter, regulator, etc to the side of the Nautilus system bay. At about the same time I was performing this work, I started noticing that at the end of every camping weekend, the top of my coroplast would be full of water. I researched the possible cause of this water, and learned that it's probably some sort of leak in a tank or hose that causes water to pool on the coroplast.

I am therefore afraid that I inadvertently punctured some sort of water tank or hose on the other side of the Nautilus bay wall. I'm trying to find a detailed schematic of my trailer (2020 315 RLTS), but thought I'd also reach out to the GD community: does anyone know if there's a water hose or tank on the other side of the Nautilus bay wall shown in the photo? By my reckoning, this bay is underneath the washing machine setaside in the bedroom closet.

Thanks in advance!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nautilus Bay Water Setup.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	37194
    Dave Gaines
    Kentucky Gentleman Farmer
    1997 F-350 Quad Cab
    2020 Grand Design 315RLTS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your tanks are located under the trailer supported by the frame members. There shouldn’t be any hoses behind that wall but you can access that area from your basement to make sure.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best thing you can do is to remove the basement wall and visually check the back of the nautilus panel and the maze of water lines etc.

Be prepared to see a spaghetti mess of wires and hoses
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a similar issue with our 351M. Ours was just a drip from under the water heater area. We had to pull the wall down and when we did we found the plastic check valve on the water heater was cracked. We managed to find another one while out in the middle of no where, and replaced it. What a chore. But it did leak quite a bit of water.

But I agree you'll have to pull the wall down, and maybe the coroplast off to find the issue. It's not doing your underbody any good.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with others. You may not have done anything but will definitely have to pull things apart to find the leak. Ours (different model) leaked and pooled on the coroplast before we left the dealers lot. They brought it back in a "fixed it" but now a few months later, it's pooling again. So, I'll be dropping the coraplast and looking for the leak myself this time. The Nautilus systems are notorious for leaking behind the panel according to posts on this forum. You might start there since it is likely the easiest access point? Good luck!
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)