User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    NeilRach04

New Owner with Some Questions

My wife and I picked up our new 337RLS last Thursday, on a camping trip to to Mt. Airy NC. It was not planned but we stopped at the dealership one day while on vacation and traded in a 1 year old Keystone Bunkhouse. We decided the bunkhouse wasn't for us as nobody ever went camping with us, as we thought they would do. I have a few questions about the new unit.

1) The rear jack stabilizers appear to be the Lippert ground control 2.0 levelers, but I am not 100% sure. I am used to the dual powers scissor style jacks on our old fifth wheel. I would like to know how much pressure can I place on the rear jacks? I did very little being used to the other style of jacks, and we still had some noticeable left to right rock? I have the X-Chocks for the fore & aft motion.

2) We had some wet stain on our cabinet door next to the fridge, in the kitchen. I wiped it down and the wood was still stained underneath. Has anyone else ever had this?

3) My entry door was rubbing the upper, exterior wrap around trim, so I had to tap it out a bit with a rubber mallet, nothing major. It appears they screwed the left side slightly lower than the right side. Is this normal?

4) I had to redo the silicone around the shower door surround, as it was leaking, as well as rehang, and silicone the shower head mounting bracket up. It was loose and the screws weren't even grabbing onto anything. The worst attempt to hang a shower head bracket that I have ever seen (20 years of building maintenance and construction experience).

5) Our slide-outs do not appear to be in all the way when closed. The dealer service manager & service technician looked at it and stated that this is normal, although, I would expect better from what I have heard about Grand Design. Especially since our Keystone Laredo closed nice and snug.

6) The bedroom closet doors line up at the top, but not at the bottom, meaning the upper doors at straight across and on the bottom, the right side door sticks out almost a complete doors width further than the left side door when closed. They are both on track, and I only had 2 days to look over and correct some minor item. I haven't yet looked at how to fix this, or determine if something is actually out of square. I will check it on our next trip.

7) I noticed that none of the cabinet doors (or medicine cabinet) had any thing holding in the glass from the back side. While the glue that Grand Design uses may be enough to hold the glass in place, I didn't trust it completely with the rocking and shaking while going down the road. I ran some nice beads of marine grade, clear silicone adhesive around the back side of the glass, where it meets the wood. The bedroom closet doors were done this way, but for some reason, no where else was.

All in all, even with these issues, we still think we made the right decision. Hopefully we are correct.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Those sound like some typical build and adjustment issues that can be fixed pretty easily. Your dealer and GD will make sure they are corrected. As for the jacks on your 337, when I was discussing them with the staff at the GD factory, they said they were strong enough to lift the wheels off the ground. But I sure wouldn't do that.

NeilRach04
    Tucson,

Thanks for the info! I believe with some of the things I read, that I should be able to put atleast some more pressure on those jacks compared to my old style. Hopefully that will help provide at least a bit more rigidity. Also, I do agree that most of the issues can be fixed pretty easy, and I will probably prefer to address them myself with my background work history. I hate tying my unit up in the shop for simple repairs.

BTW- Beautiful dog. We plan to make some of our future travels out to Arizona, as my DW has never seen the area.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm like you. I did most of the small repairs on mine. I hate having to drop off the rig for several weeks just to have some simple repairs done. If you ever need parts for warranty work, just call GD customer service and they'll typically ship them to you. When you head to AZ, let us know and we can meet up for a great Tucson craft beer.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Neil and Rachael and congrats on your new Reflection! Don't hesitate letting Grand Design's Customer Service know about any issues you are having, like Jim said, they will ship you the parts you need to fix any minor problems you may be having.

Steve

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum!

I haven't mastered search and cut and paste on my tablet. There are several posts with pictures of slides. The general response was that there is often a gap at the bottom but as long as it's tight above the skirting you're OK.

Hope you enjoyed My Airy. We stayed at Mayberry Campground and liked it. We are in Kinston NC for a few days, plan to find some barbeque. Still love our 303.

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

NeilRach04
    Thanks to all for the warm welcome. We did enjoy Mt Airy, and we also stayed at the Mayberry Campground. We will be contacting Grand Design about some of the minor items, however, we would like to get another week in the camper first (hopefully in early July)and find as many of the little bugs as we can first.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats, Neil & Rachael! And welcome to the Grand Design family.
    We love our 337rls! One year in, and still loving it, get excited every time we get to use it.
    We stayed at Mayberry Campground two Christmases ago. Nice area.
    Check out Anchor Down Get Together under group campouts. July 12-21 in Dandridge, TN - not too far from you. I think we're up to 21-22 Grand Design RV's going to be there.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NeilRach04
    Scott & Jan, thanks for the invite. While we would love the opportunity to meet other Grand Design owners, we will be getting back from a planned trip on July 11th. With our current employment, we would be unable to alter our time off at this point in time.