Thread: Where to start?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    Ok Guys,
    As the OP on this thread, I must say that I have now been dragged down into rabbit hole. First I just wanted to know where to start the process of replacing the stock battery. Thanks to you all, I have now been looking at adding solar to the rig for occasional boon-docking or dry-camping.
    I've been watching all kinds of YT videos on adding solar to my 5th wheel. Thanks a lot!!!

So......My 29RS paperwork states that it is "prepped for solar". Can anybody tell me exactly what that means?

Many thanks!
    Our 2021 Reflection 303 RLS had MC4 connectors under the cover on the roof, (see photo).The other end is in the front compartment to connect to a solar controller. The 10 gauge wire should be ample enough to handle the current of a modest solar array especially if wired as 24 volt panels. I have 6(ea) 195 watt panels on my roof. If you don’t plan on installing an inverter, then two batteries and a single 100 watt solar panel would serve you well.

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0175.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	37495

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flynaz View Post
    Our 2021 Reflection 303 RLS had MC4 connectors under the cover on the roof, (see photo).The other end is in the front compartment to connect to a solar controller. The 10 gauge wire should be ample enough to handle the current of a modest solar array especially if wired as 24 volt panels. I have 6(ea) 195 watt panels on my roof. If you don’t plan on installing an inverter, then two batteries and a single 100 watt solar panel would serve you well.

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0175.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	37495

Yep.....That's what I saw.
    Who knows where I will wind up with this. Did you do all the work yourself?
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok Guys,
    As the OP on this thread, I must say that I have now been dragged down into rabbit hole. First I just wanted to know where to start the process of replacing the stock battery. Thanks to you all, I have now been looking at adding solar to the rig for occasional boon-docking or dry-camping.
    I've been watching all kinds of YT videos on adding solar to my 5th wheel. Thanks a lot!!!

So......My 29RS paperwork states that it is "prepped for solar". Can anybody tell me exactly what that means?

Many thanks!
    LOL. It starts somewhere. I started out by ordering Solar strictly to keep the Residential fridge running while in transit. Now have a plan at upgrading & expanding the system over next year or two to allow us to occasionally boon-dock (which is something we never thought we'd originally do). Lots of good YT stuff. Definitely check out Will Prowse stuff on solar and battery types if you haven't already.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep.....That's what I saw.
    Who knows where I will wind up with this. Did you do all the work yourself?
    Yep, I have two panels wired in series (x 3). So 24 volts @ 390 watt arrays connected in parallel. That goes to a 100/50 Victron MTTP controller. I am also waiting for 16 280AH 3.2 v LifeP04 cells from China. I already have the 120 A Bms and will end up with an 840AH smart LifeP04 battery bank to replace my 440 AH AGM battery bank. That feeds my Victron 3K inverter.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345