User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dkayak View Post
    Google “CCW Preemption Law” for each state in question. Here’s what I found for Pennsylvania for example, which like Illinois preemptively prohibits local and municipal overrides of state law. Then hopefully you need “only” understand each state’s rules, still a very big task for a long trip. https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/penns...earm-and-ammu/
    Pittsburgh and Philadelphia have been trying to push this a long time. The real issue if someone getting caught up in it as the State battles them... Everywhere in between these metros, well let's just say it's a very different place.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    Hello,

I have a license to carry in PA and for the first time I'll be taking my handgun on the road with us for an extended trip from PA to Florida, then I10 over to Arizona. Does anyone have any tips for transporting my firearm legally in these states I'll be in/going through?
    I find this app very helpful

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/concea...a/id1213977790

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I have a license to carry in PA and for the first time I'll be taking my handgun on the road with us for an extended trip from PA to Florida, then I10 over to Arizona. Does anyone have any tips for transporting my firearm legally in these states I'll be in/going through?
    If you’re not sure about your CCW being valid in a certain area or state, just lock it up in the trailer. Nobody’s business if you have a weapon inside your trailer.
    2011 GMC 2500 SLE Duramax, (sold)
    2020 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 Duramax
    2018 Reflection 303RLS (sold)
    2022 Momentum 351M

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get the app "Legal Heat"... They keep up with the gun laws in each state.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firearms carry and CCW have undergone so many changes in the last few years. An example is Arkansas which required a CCW for concealed carry. A change a few years ago to the "carrying a weapon" law included language "for the purpose to unlawfully employ". Short of another criminal predicate or offense taking place, there is no criminal violation.

I would check the criminal codes online of the states you are traveling through but I think you will be pleasantly surprised (at least in southern states) that both open and concealed carry are allowed my many
    Last edited by GeoffnCheri; 10-23-2021 at 03:17 PM.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve found a lot of valuable information on the web site handgunlaw.us. Be very careful with your nonresident permits. Some states - including Pennsylvania- only recognize permits if the issuing state is also the residence state.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go on the internet and see which States grant reciprocity. Most Western and Southern States will have no problem with reciprocity.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to carry this with you:

https://www.gunlawguide.com/?v=2320522a6676

and you should refer to this for updates:

https://www.gunstocarry.com/gun-laws-state/
    Jerry and Jack (Standard Schnauzer)

Currently in Benson, AZ

2018 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I have been carrying for over fifty years across the US, BUT never every Canada. You have to look online at the states that recognize your carry permit. I check the states that recognize NC before every trip due to changes that occur all the time. For example, Maryland does not recognize my carry permit so I put it in the RV when passing thru those states at the rest stop just before that state and put my weapon in the RV until I get in a friendly state. I have always gone by the logic of what my Captian on the DC Metro Police force used to say, "it is better to be tried by twelve than carried by six".

You have to have a warrant to search my car or my second home, which I am pulling. And it takes probable cause to get one. Keep in mind, it is called a concealed weapon because it is concealed and should be kept that way. I ensure it can not be seen and wear a loose shirt to be sure.
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockhound 7 View Post
    You need to carry this with you:

https://www.gunlawguide.com/?v=2320522a6676

and you should refer to this for updates:

https://www.gunstocarry.com/gun-laws-state/
    This publication was what I started out with several years ago. It is available in ebook, print and provides timely updates on their website for ongoing changes in all 50 states. It is my go-to when I plan a trip. Yes, there are great apps and resources available. If you do your research and plan where your weapon is supposed to be as you traverse state lines you will be fine.

One other thing this publication does that I have not noted elsewhere, is your duty to inform any LEO that may make contact with if you are armed. There are only a very few states with this requirement.

As another poster noted here, what is in your home (RV) should be considered your private decision for home security, no different than a sticks and bricks residence. That is your constitutional right. Nuff said.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast