Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sailun tires

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sailun tires

Where is the best place to purchase sailun tires. Simple tire.com has best price. Just concerned with customer service.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Where is the best place to purchase sailun tires. Simple tire.com has best price. Just concerned with customer service.
    We just purchased 4 Sailun's from Simple Tire. @ tires were delivered within 2 days, the other 2 got held up' After 2 days I contacted Simple Tire and had good results. Fed-Ex was the shipper and Simple Tire told us since covid there has been some disruptions in deliveries. They said they would contact Fed-Ex and they have had good results doing that. We received the tires the next day. To make up for the inconvenience Simple Tire refunded 5 % of the charge. Not bad especially since there was no charge for delivery, They even shipped them to the shop we were using for the mounting. The whole episode went quite well and painless. I would definitely use Simple Tire again.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered my first set of Sailun's from Simple Tire and it was painless. They came quickly, were fairly fresh tires, and I had them mounted locally. I would buy from them again.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought mine two years ago from ST & it was painless & quick. Took very little lead for balancing.
    Mine were made in China, new Sailuns are made in Vietnam & some here have had issues with them. If you do a search, there is a couple of threads on here about it.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    We just purchased 4 Sailun's from Simple Tire. @ tires were delivered within 2 days, the other 2 got held up' After 2 days I contacted Simple Tire and had good results. Fed-Ex was the shipper and Simple Tire told us since covid there has been some disruptions in deliveries. They said they would contact Fed-Ex and they have had good results doing that. We received the tires the next day. To make up for the inconvenience Simple Tire refunded 5 % of the charge. Not bad especially since there was no charge for delivery, They even shipped them to the shop we were using for the mounting. The whole episode went quite well and painless. I would definitely use Simple Tire again.
    Marcy,
    What size tire did you get? What is the date code and where were they manufactured?

I have to get new tires. Mine are worn. Thinking of Sailuns again but this time uping the size to 238/85/R16.

Thanks.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Marcy,
    What size tire did you get? What is the date code and where were they manufactured?

I have to get new tires. Mine are worn. Thinking of Sailuns again but this time uping the size to 238/85/R16.

Thanks.
    The tires are 235/80R/16. The date was 50/20. Making them the 50th week of December of 2020. They came out of Vietnam which I wasn't wild about. Before I ordered I called ST and asked if I could request tires not made in Vietnam but was tolled no they don't even know if what they had were from Vietnam or China. When the order comes through they pull whatever is on the rack. We had no problems with the set that was on the trailer and the price was right so we went ahead and got them Just have to keep an eye on them.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The recent discussion about Sailuns made in Vietnam turned my re-shoe plan upside down and a huge disappointment to me as I gained fair confidence in the brand, especially after meeting and many discussion with Alan, and it was practically impossible to find a failure reported on the S637s till this shift in production location...

Since that discussion, I have been talking to everyone I know running any Sailun made in Vietnam (BTW - I have made in China versions on my enclosed trailer). Some folks might remember I had a Jayco Pinnacle in my driveway last year as I rebuilt and reinforced its running gear after a failure, and they put on a set of Sailuns at my recommendation. I had not looked when the owner brought the mounted tires to me to put on before hauling the heap out of my driveway, but turns out 2 of the 5 tires bought were made in Vietnam. One of those apparently on the steel wheel spare, and I the other forward curbside and came apart with just a bit over 5500 miles on it! The other long hauler I know running them has a set of 4 with he thinks about 9000 miles on them and running fine.

Always a good thing comes to an end too soon!!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you tell where they are made?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    How do you tell where they are made?
    It's required to be in the DOT code molded into the tire.

Since 2015, I believe, all manufacturing codes are 3 digits (used to be 2). For Sailun, their China plant is 153 and their Vietnam plant is 1YJ.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania