Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbsrsr View Post
    Even if you can pay cash you may save a few $ by financing. Usually you may be required to hold the loan over three to six months. If you do finance it will be to your advantage to pay off the bulk of the loan right away to avoid losing your savings on interest.
    In 2019 I bought a 2020 2800bh for 30k. I immediately paid 25k and then paid off the remaining 5k over 6 months. I think their interest rate was about 6.5% but that didn't mean much as I was only paying it on 5k or less for 6 months. If I had carried the 30k over 6 months my interest costs would have significantly cut into my savings.
    Thanks for the heads up on the financing, thats a good idea to pay off the majority of it and leave the min balance. I will use it.

I had a dealer get back to me with a quote for $35,724.60. I have made up my mind that 28% is my hold out price, which is $32,652.

Hopefully the finance option gets me closer. I have yet to hear back from my local guy or another out of state dealer.

I truly appreciate the help and advice.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have kinda hit the wall with the 4 dealers at $35,400. 3 of the 4 dealers have the 2400BH in stock and are within a $100 of each other. My local dealer does not have one in stock but will order from the factory, which is a 3 to 4 month wait. They are also $3400 over the other dealers on price.

I let the local dealer know that I would go with them if they price matched the other dealers with the 2400BH in stock. To compensate for the 3 to 4 month wait, I requested a low profile AC unit on top, as my garage door is a hair under 11 feet. I can get it in with the normal AC but hate letting the air out of my tires.

It looks like the 2400BH comes with a furrion AC unit. Has anybody had success with the factory or the dealer changing out a normal AC and changing it to a low profile?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by estein View Post
    I have kinda hit the wall with the 4 dealers at $35,400. 3 of the 4 dealers have the 2400BH in stock and are within a $100 of each other. My local dealer does not have one in stock but will order from the factory, which is a 3 to 4 month wait. They are also $3400 over the other dealers on price.

I let the local dealer know that I would go with them if they price matched the other dealers with the 2400BH in stock. To compensate for the 3 to 4 month wait, I requested a low profile AC unit on top, as my garage door is a hair under 11 feet. I can get it in with the normal AC but hate letting the air out of my tires.

It looks like the 2400BH comes with a furrion AC unit. Has anybody had success with the factory or the dealer changing out a normal AC and changing it to a low profile?
    So you want them to reduce the price by 3400 AND spend 500-1000 on an a/c unit?
    Also on an order where there isn’t any price protection and likely you will expect them to eat the cost increases?
    Imo your request is not reasonable
    Goodluck though

I would never buy at these prices btw
    Ymmv

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It ends up being a wash as I am selling my existing trailer at an inflated price on the private market.

That must be why they are not wanting to price match the other dealers that have them in stock.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get your 2021 2400BH for when you bought it? Have you had any issues with it?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It ends up being a wash as I am selling my existing trailer at an inflated price on the private market.

That must be why they are not wanting to price match the other dealers that have them in stock.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get your 2021 2400BH for when you bought it? Have you had any issues with it?
    I paid 34000 Canadian when I bought last December which at the time the exchange made it under 27000 us funds

No major issues

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well maybe it wont be a wash. I paid $12,500 for my existing one and I am hoping to get $13,000ish on the private market.

Maybe it might be worth the wait or I will look for a used one, but even those are going for $25,000 plus.

We use it enough to justify the added cost but I hate to pay an extra $6,000 for something.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk to Joe at Pontiac RV, Pontiac, IL. They were easy to deal with and delivered on every promise they made!
    Rick & Joey
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK
    2018 Ford F-150 3.5 Twin Turbo Eco Boost
    ProPride 3P WDH 1400 pound spring bars

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone, my wife, 2 daughters age 5 and 8 and I bought a Layton 24 ft bunkhouse 3 years ago and have racked up 120 days in it. We have all definitely been bit by the rving bug. Our current travel trailer has been awesome and with all the memories we have made I hate to sell it, but with it lacking slides it's time to upgrade. I plan to sell my current RV to some friends with small children at a steal so they can enjoy it as much as we did. Plus I still get to see it in use as we go camping a lot together.

I have done my research and we are sold on the 2400BH model. I reside in Missouri and am willing to drive to get the best deal. I am also willing to wait for one direct from the factory as well but have found a few in neighboring states that have them on the lot.

I have a quote for $38,740 from my local dealer. I should have 2 or 3 other quotes tomorrow from surrounding dealers in ARK and ILL. After speaking with the dealers they all threw the normal BS reasons why I have to pay MSRP i.e. COVID demand/supply, worker shortage, moon phases, etc

My questions are as followed

1. All of the forums on pricing are for 2021 and older which seem like $28,000 for a BH2400 is a fair price. I understand the dealer has to make some $$$ but not 10 grand. What is a "good deal" on a 2022 BH2400? Anything other than multiple quotes from surrounding competing dealers that would get the price down?

2. Would I get a better deal paying cash or going through financing with the dealer?

3. Will I get a better deal if I buy one off the lot or ordered from the dealer? I am a believer in delayed gratification so don't mind waiting the 3 to 4 months for delivery.

4. Am I missing anything?

I bought the Layton used and have never bought a brand new vehicle. So I am a newbie when it comes to this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have already learned a ton from everyone on here about future upgrades. Now I just have to buy the trailer, LOL

Thanks
    Eric
    Not sure what part of Missouri you are at. We purchased from Dave Roe at Coachlight RV in Carthage. Dave beat the competitors by over 4k and the PDI and purchase we a great experience. I would have no reservations about purchasing from them again.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    RV dealers generally get more kickback from banks on loans than car dealers do. You may get a better deal if you finance it, then pay it off in a few months.
    Be aware of any prepayment fee written in the contract if you pay the loan off early
    2018 297RSTS
    2018 GMC Denali HD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the dealer says you have to keep the loan for X number of months that is not true. I called the finance company the day after we made the deal and there was no pre payoff penalty. Dealer probably didn’t get their kickback but they made money on the deal regardless. I’m more concerned with my finances than theirs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast