Hi everyone, my wife, 2 daughters age 5 and 8 and I bought a Layton 24 ft bunkhouse 3 years ago and have racked up 120 days in it. We have all definitely been bit by the rving bug. Our current travel trailer has been awesome and with all the memories we have made I hate to sell it, but with it lacking slides it's time to upgrade. I plan to sell my current RV to some friends with small children at a steal so they can enjoy it as much as we did. Plus I still get to see it in use as we go camping a lot together.

I have done my research and we are sold on the 2400BH model. I reside in Missouri and am willing to drive to get the best deal. I am also willing to wait for one direct from the factory as well but have found a few in neighboring states that have them on the lot.

I have a quote for $38,740 from my local dealer. I should have 2 or 3 other quotes tomorrow from surrounding dealers in ARK and ILL. After speaking with the dealers they all threw the normal BS reasons why I have to pay MSRP i.e. COVID demand/supply, worker shortage, moon phases, etc

My questions are as followed

1. All of the forums on pricing are for 2021 and older which seem like $28,000 for a BH2400 is a fair price. I understand the dealer has to make some $$$ but not 10 grand. What is a "good deal" on a 2022 BH2400? Anything other than multiple quotes from surrounding competing dealers that would get the price down?

2. Would I get a better deal paying cash or going through financing with the dealer?

3. Will I get a better deal if I buy one off the lot or ordered from the dealer? I am a believer in delayed gratification so don't mind waiting the 3 to 4 months for delivery.

4. Am I missing anything?

I bought the Layton used and have never bought a brand new vehicle. So I am a newbie when it comes to this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have already learned a ton from everyone on here about future upgrades. Now I just have to buy the trailer, LOL

Thanks
Eric