Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

multiple quotes on 2022 2400BH and seeing whats a good deal in 2022

Hi everyone, my wife, 2 daughters age 5 and 8 and I bought a Layton 24 ft bunkhouse 3 years ago and have racked up 120 days in it. We have all definitely been bit by the rving bug. Our current travel trailer has been awesome and with all the memories we have made I hate to sell it, but with it lacking slides it's time to upgrade. I plan to sell my current RV to some friends with small children at a steal so they can enjoy it as much as we did. Plus I still get to see it in use as we go camping a lot together.

I have done my research and we are sold on the 2400BH model. I reside in Missouri and am willing to drive to get the best deal. I am also willing to wait for one direct from the factory as well but have found a few in neighboring states that have them on the lot.

I have a quote for $38,740 from my local dealer. I should have 2 or 3 other quotes tomorrow from surrounding dealers in ARK and ILL. After speaking with the dealers they all threw the normal BS reasons why I have to pay MSRP i.e. COVID demand/supply, worker shortage, moon phases, etc

My questions are as followed

1. All of the forums on pricing are for 2021 and older which seem like $28,000 for a BH2400 is a fair price. I understand the dealer has to make some $$$ but not 10 grand. What is a "good deal" on a 2022 BH2400? Anything other than multiple quotes from surrounding competing dealers that would get the price down?

2. Would I get a better deal paying cash or going through financing with the dealer?

3. Will I get a better deal if I buy one off the lot or ordered from the dealer? I am a believer in delayed gratification so don't mind waiting the 3 to 4 months for delivery.

4. Am I missing anything?

I bought the Layton used and have never bought a brand new vehicle. So I am a newbie when it comes to this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have already learned a ton from everyone on here about future upgrades. Now I just have to buy the trailer, LOL

Thanks
    Eric

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by estein View Post
    Hi everyone, my wife, 2 daughters age 5 and 8 and I bought a Layton 24 ft bunkhouse 3 years ago and have racked up 120 days in it. We have all definitely been bit by the rving bug. Our current travel trailer has been awesome and with all the memories we have made I hate to sell it, but with it lacking slides it's time to upgrade. I plan to sell my current RV to some friends with small children at a steal so they can enjoy it as much as we did. Plus I still get to see it in use as we go camping a lot together.

I have done my research and we are sold on the 2400BH model. I reside in Missouri and am willing to drive to get the best deal. I am also willing to wait for one direct from the factory as well but have found a few in neighboring states that have them on the lot.

I have a quote for $38,740 from my local dealer. I should have 2 or 3 other quotes tomorrow from surrounding dealers in ARK and ILL. After speaking with the dealers they all threw the normal BS reasons why I have to pay MSRP i.e. COVID demand/supply, worker shortage, moon phases, etc

1. All of the forums on pricing are for 2021 and older which seem like $28,000 for a BH2400 is a fair price. I understand the dealer has to make some $$$ but not 10 grand. What is a "good deal" on a 2022 BH2400? Anything other than multiple quotes from surrounding competing dealers that would get the price down?

2. Would I get a better deal paying cash or going through financing with the dealer?

3. Will I get a better deal if I buy one off the lot or ordered from the dealer? I am a believer in delayed gratification so don't mind waiting the 3 to 4 months for delivery.

4. Am I missing anything?

I bought the Layton used and have never bought a brand new vehicle. So I am a newbie when it comes to this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have already learned a ton from everyone on here about future upgrades. Now I just have to buy the trailer, LOL

Thanks
    Eric
    Reach out to Mike Gaboury at Northgate RV in Ringgold, GA. Northgate have us the absolutely best, no haggle price on our Reflection 320MKS. It was a factory order as well.

Do a search on this forum for a Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI). You will want this in hand to check EVERYTHING on the trailer, and I mean everything.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They cant make them fast enough. Its definitely a sellers market

Unless you know when those deals took place it isn't worth much. There were MANY price increase over the course of 2021. I think I counted 4 after we ordered our 2021 in March.

Looking at GD's website the MSRP of a 2022 2400BH starts at over 45K. Even the best deal at the best of times wouldn't get it down from 45k to 28K. That 38K deal doesn't sound bad.

Probably financing if the dealer gets a cut but not positive

Doubt it matters right now but the issue with ordering now is GD no longer price protects ordered units. So if there's another increase before yours is built you could be paying more
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prices on almost every manufactured vehicle is crazy right now. Cars, Trucks, RVs etc. I helped my Brother in Law negotiate a new XLS17MKE last week. The best we could do was 15% of MSRP and even then MSRP had increased significantly in the last year.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @estein the days of 25-30% below MSRP are gone for now and will not return for years.

1. You're doing all that you can in the market with competing quotes. I by NO MEANS defend ANY RV dealer. They are just a certain evil that must be dealt with. However, there's a lot more going on than just greed in them sticking to MSRP+. For instance, small dealers aren't getting much to sell so lower volume moved means more money per unit needs to be made to support the business.

2. Cash is not necessarily king. If you have never noticed, pay attention in your dynamic with anyone selling you a vehicle, camper, etc. They're trained to get out of you VERY early how you intend to pay for the purchase and if there is a trade. That sets their bounds in dealing. Once you understand this, you can control the deal. When they resist you also have to have to fortitude to get up and walk away from negotiations. For me personally, I walk into every purchase I make knowing where I stand whether that be I have cash on-hand or a pre-approval from my Credit Union with best possible rate and a solid understanding if my money is working better in investment and their returns versus the interest rate I may pay and so-on. I then negotiate the sell price with them having no information whatsoever how I am paying and nope, they're not getting my license to do a soft pull either. Yes, I am a bear for a salesperson! Once that price is where I am ready to move forward, then we talk about the trade-in (if the deal involves), and then I'll make them work on financing if that's where I am at. If they can beat my Credit Union then we go that way and they get their kickback from it. So, my advice for you boils down to 1) keep your cards close with a solid poker face, and 2) know the states of your finances so that you know what the best deal really is.

3. In the era of pandemic-induced RV surge... I would say you either buy from a lot after you thoroughly PDIed it, or you wait a full year at least until the extreme volume is not longer being thrown off the lines... What I am hinting at is the variable, unpredictable assembly quality in these times...

4. Becoming square with the fact that any camper is really bought as a kit. It's not really finished, you will need to do some build to suit, upgrades, and replacing what your don't like or find inferior. It is really no different than buying a mass constructed home, yet so many seem to believe it should be more akin to buying a vehicle. I think folks just have trouble disassociating since a vehicle and trailer both travel down the road... Nonetheless, you obviously are not new to them given the used one you have enjoyed. When the rubber meets the road is when you outlay what you perceive to be a higher-than-it-should-be-price too often results in the mindset of it should be perfect...

My $0.02 for your consideration or dismissing.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Moonshadow for the heads up on the PDI, that is a great idea to print it off prior.

I spoke with a dealer in IL and let him know that I had researched pricing and saw anywhere from 25% to 30% off MSRP was considered a "good deal". I split the difference and offered 28% off MSRP, it was around $32,700. It sounds like he may take it. I sent him a few links along with my other quote.

It sounds like I might be better off selling my current one for higher to help offset some of the price increases. The $28,000 purchases were from early 2021

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...1-2400BH-Price

I will keep you all posted on what I get it for.

Thanks again for the advise.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geotext, thanks for the great advise.

That makes perfect sense on the quality aspect of the new trailers, I have read a few post complaining about new trailers missing parts and sub par quality. I was shocked at how flimsy my current trailer was made. I feel that repairing it my self almost added to the camping experience, LOL. Daddy saved the day when he took the awning switch apart and flipped it upside down so we didnt have to drive home with it flapping in the wind. My back up pole was missing and my socket and impact would not fit in the hole to manually retract it.

Even if I gotta pay a couple grand more for this new one, I feel it would be justified with how much we use it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I split the difference and offered 28% off MSRP, it was around $32,700. It sounds like he may take it.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...1-2400BH-Price

I will keep you all posted on what I get it for.

Thanks again for the advise.
    Just make sure it’s really 28% or whatever you end up with off. Not 28% off plus delivery, plus prep, plus doc, etc. They love the add on’s. First time around they tried that with me, over 4K worth of add ons.

Stop the games right away, and it will go smoother otherwise walk. xx% off plus only gov. costs. Tax title license etc.

FWIW we did get 30 off plus ttl when we ordered ours early spring. But it was on a loaded solitude. I think it’s easier on the bigger units, more profit to work with. Not much more work to sell a 100k 5vr than a 30k tt
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RV dealers generally get more kickback from banks on loans than car dealers do. You may get a better deal if you finance it, then pay it off in a few months.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if you can pay cash you may save a few $ by financing. Usually you may be required to hold the loan over three to six months. If you do finance it will be to your advantage to pay off the bulk of the loan right away to avoid losing your savings on interest.
    In 2019 I bought a 2020 2800bh for 30k. I immediately paid 25k and then paid off the remaining 5k over 6 months. I think their interest rate was about 6.5% but that didn't mean much as I was only paying it on 5k or less for 6 months. If I had carried the 30k over 6 months my interest costs would have significantly cut into my savings.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast