Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by estein View Post
    Well maybe it wont be a wash. I paid $12,500 for my existing one and I am hoping to get $13,000ish on the private market.

Maybe it might be worth the wait or I will look for a used one, but even those are going for $25,000 plus.

We use it enough to justify the added cost but I hate to pay an extra $6,000 for something.
    Keep in mind that there has been over 6 price increases since 2021 models. You won't be over paying by $6000, as the cost has increases almost that much.

I can tell you that raw invoice on a 2022 2400BH right now is over $27,000. Out of fairness to all dealers, I won't tell you how much over....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say you are getting a great deal at 34 and some change. I live in the PNW and shipping costs greatly increase GD prices here from what I can find. We are looking for a 2400bh and want the theater seating in it. There are none around and have to have a model adjusted from the factory. Right now the best I can get is mid 40s. I have called around to 5 deals in the WA, OR area and nothing better. We are trading in our 2020 Keystone Crossfire if we decide to make the switch but its tough right now know we are paying such a premium.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FR8TFLYER View Post
    When the dealer says you have to keep the loan for X number of months that is not true. I called the finance company the day after we made the deal and there was no pre payoff penalty. Dealer probably didn’t get their kickback but they made money on the deal regardless. I’m more concerned with my finances than theirs.
    Yes it's true that there would be no prepayment penalty but when I made the deal I understood that in order for them to get their kickback I would need to carry the loan for X amount of months. I held up my end of the bargain and I expected them to hold up theirs.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbsrsr View Post
    Yes it's true that there would be no prepayment penalty but when I made the deal I understood that in order for them to get their kickback I would need to carry the loan for X amount of months. I held up my end of the bargain and I expected them to hold up theirs.
    You’re a very ethical guy. I understand and respect that.

If you wanted to honor the agreement where dealer would still get his finance commission and yet reduce your interest cost here’s what you could do. Make a large payment immediately to be applied to the principal leaving a small balance to be paid off over 90 days.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 10-30-2021 at 10:11 AM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    If you wanted to honor the agreement where dealer would still get his finance commission and yet reduce your interest cost here’s what you could do. Make a large payment immediately to be applied to the principle leaving a small balance to be paid off over 90 days.
    Yes, as I stated earlier in this thread, I paid 30k for my 2020 2800bh. I immediately paid 25k and carried the rest over 6 months. In past deals I carried the loan for only 3 months but the dealer asked me to go 6 months so I honored their request.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know if you pulled the trigger yet, so here is my .02. We bought a 2400BH in 2017. I have a wife and one daughter who was 10 at the time of purchase. After doing a fair amount of camping in it in three and a half years, I wish we had bought the 2800BH the extra space inside would have been nice, plus having the sofa as additional seating would have made some of the late season camping trips more enjoyable.
    2021 GD 31MB; 2022 F350 Rapid Red, Lariat Ultimate Package, CCSB, 4x4, 6.7 Powerstroke, B&W 20K Patriot slider

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll sell you our 2020 2400BH if your interested!!!! We are EXTREMELY interested in a 31MB
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha! The wife and daughter would kill me! Or at least not be "happy campers" anymore. Yes, the 31MB really changed camping for the better. So much more light inside, and a three seater sofa just made for the three of us. And thankfully, we got it June of 2020 before the prices went nuts.
    2021 GD 31MB; 2022 F350 Rapid Red, Lariat Ultimate Package, CCSB, 4x4, 6.7 Powerstroke, B&W 20K Patriot slider

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123