Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Converter Fan in Breaker & Fuse Panel

The converter fan in my 2021 MLE is running continuously. I had battery checked at local Auto Zone and it was good. After fully charging I installed. It is rather cool here this morning so heat is not an issue. Additionally, I have nothing powered on inside RV. I'm sure them some parasitic draw but should not be much. Thanks for any help.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the battery is truly OK and fully charged, the fan running continuously could be an early sign of overheating components in the converter/charger with impending failure. With everything off, the small parasitic loads should not cause the fan to be running.

BTW - You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    If the battery is truly OK and fully charged, the fan running continuously could be an early sign of overheating components in the converter/charger with impending failure. With everything off, the small parasitic loads should not cause the fan to be running.

BTW - You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    Thank you. I disconnected from shore power awhile ago. Going to check condition of battery.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post

Rob
    My converter / charger quit working (charging the battery) last week. We are in the middle of a three month trip. I went to a Wall mart and purchased a battery charger to keep the batteries charged until I get home and can pull the converter. The Wall mart charger does a better job of maintaining the batteries than the stock converter.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After being removed from shore power for about 2 hours I removed battery from RV. Indicated 85% charge on my charger. I charged to 100%. I will let the battery sit idle for a few hours and check charge. As info, yesterday when I first placed 100% charged battery in RV and connected to shore power the converter fan did not come on.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Original equipment converters are junk. Go for a Victron battery charger along with inverter. Good solid long lasting . Make sure any charger is at least a 3 step one and is set properly on your battery type.

Read up on 12 volt systems as they play a lot on your RV operating system.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM