Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leak from Air Conditioner

Hey all,

I bought a used 2016 303rls from CA and moved it to Oregon. Now that we’ve had some rain I’ve noticed drips of water coming in from the air conditioner but I can’t figure out where.

Has anyone bought covers for the A/C units off of Amazon before that fit? I’m hoping that might solve the water issue for now before I have to take it in to the shop.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Ford F250 SuperDuty w/Camper Package
    2016 GD 303RLS

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Powelln View Post
    Hey all,

I bought a used 2016 303rls from CA and moved it to Oregon. Now that we’ve had some rain I’ve noticed drips of water coming in from the air conditioner but I can’t figure out where.

Has anyone bought covers for the A/C units off of Amazon before that fit? I’m hoping that might solve the water issue for now before I have to take it in to the shop.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would be willing to bet that if water is coming in from that AC unit the gasket is either torn/damaged or the AC is simply loose. The first thing to do is go on the roof and see if the AC moves from side to side. If it does it simply needs to be tightened down to crush the gasket down between the uAC unit and the roof. If it is not loose the gasket is at fault. The shroud does very little to keep water out of the unit. Unless it is missing it is unlikely to be the culprit.
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration