User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opinion Wanted! Do these slides look like they are all the way in?

We have a new to us 2019 Reflection. To me it looks like the slides aren't in all the way or something is misaligned. Should these parts be sticking out like this? We do plan to take it in but looking for opinions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20211011_145927a.jpg   20211011_145946a.jpg  
    2019 Reflection 337-RLS
    2014 F350 SRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something definitely looks off at the bottom. What does the seal look like is it fully compressed at the bottom?
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flleek77 View Post
    We have a new to us 2019 Reflection. To me it looks like the slides aren't in all the way or something is misaligned. Should these parts be sticking out like this? We do plan to take it in but looking for opinions.
    Your slides appear to be sealing where it counts, around the side wall. Where your issue begins is with the skirting below the floor level of the coach.

This area will never be perfect because the skirting is either thin metal, or plastic and there isn't any structure behind it to compress the seal.

Look up under the coach to see where the floor begins and check that the seals are sealed from that point upward to the top of the slide. Hopefully, all is good.

You can make the seal in the skirting area look better by adjusting the bracing for the skirting and/or repositioning where the screws are positioned in the braces that hold the skirting to the frame. You may need to replace or extend some of the braces if they aren't long enough to allow you to reposition the screws holding the skirting.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have to agree with @SolarPoweredRV on this one. That lower skirting is very flexible and the seals will push it in. Ours looks the same way with the slides in and they are sealed very well.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We moved today and I took a close look at our 2020 337 and your images look exactly like ours when the slides are in. As others have said the seal along the metal skirt does nothing. As long as the slide seals where the floor starts you are good.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What they said, mine looks the same & seals properly. Didn't like it either when I first bought it but...
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    What they said, mine looks the same & seals properly. Didn't like it either when I first bought it but...
    Thanks, everyone! To mee this seems like it would capture air and possible rain when driving. I'll have to see if everything is sealed properly. Maybe even see if I can tighten the gaps somehow.
    2019 Reflection 337-RLS

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, everyone! To mee this seems like it would capture air and possible rain when driving. I'll have to see if everything is sealed properly. Maybe even see if I can tighten the gaps somehow.
    If you look behind where the gaps actually are, you will discover that the area behind the skirting is actually open to the elements and is subject to splashing and road spray beneath the floor of the actual living area. As long as the slide is sealed at and above the floor level you will be okay.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the same concern and elevated it to Grand Design Customer service, I received the same answer. When I look at things that don’t look right but they just might be: sometimes I can’t get it out of my mind I will try something even if later i have to admit it was wrong.
    So here was my solution and visually approved by a Grand Design representative:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	953DE180-EB69-457C-8571-E4BFC0DA98C4.jpeg 
Views:	67 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	37268
    This picture is from the bottom of the slide outside looking up;I split the factory foam seal deeper so the angle aluminum strip would slide deeper into the factory foam seal and added inch and a half expanding foam seal above the factory foam seal and next to the slide seal to assist in keeping the slide seal snug the slide out at the base.
    So far we traveled in the rem-nits of Laura and Sally with no visible water damage to the RV. I did I all that just for my satisfaction. If you feel the the need to go for overkill seal things as you see fit, if you have no leaks go have fun!
    2017 F-250 6.7 2019 273 MK
    Retired Tanker Yanker
    My your pleasures be many and your troubles be few!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tanker Yanker! LOL

Visually I'm not understanding what you did as the pic is a little small, but I'll crawl under my rig tomorrow and look up and see if it then makes sense. I am a very visual person so I may have to do something. We'll see.
    2019 Reflection 337-RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast