User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

346 FLS Hitch Weight

Hello all, I'm new to the forum and getting ready to purchase a new Solatude. My DW and I have narrowed it down to a 346FLS and a 310GK. I just orded a new F350 Diesel longbed cc which should come in with a payload of about 3,900 lbs. I have read a lot of forum discussions about how the 310 gains almost 100% hitch weight with everything that is loaded on board and with the washer dryer added pin rates can really climb. My question about the 346, with the washer dryer in the back and a huge amount of storage underneath in back where does the hitch weight wind up. And no, a dually is not an option for us so if the 346 cant work we will go with a 346.

Thanks for any help on this!

Bud

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Solitude 310GK-R puts 3,380 lbs. on the pin loaded for travel (W/D, but no generator... LiFePO4 batteries weigh less than half what lead-acid batteries would). A loaded 346FLS will put about 3,860 lbs. on the pin. 23% of a fifth wheel's GVWR is a good number to use for an estimated loaded pin weight - the published pin weights are empty/dry and pretty much useless. The 310 could be acceptable for a properly-optioned single rear wheel truck... the 346FLS is not. (Remember that you have to subtract the weight of the hitch, occupants, and any "stuff" from the truck's available payload.)

Rob

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 346FLS is legal without a gen in the front but 4 6v batteries with solar batteries and a 1 ton 2018 SRW GMC short box. Check your weights and speak with your dealer to be sure you are fine.

I’m all about being legal, but I’m not all about over doing it with a truck. SRW has the same engine and brakes as a DRW. Hitch weight is important.
    2022 Solitude 346FLS
    2018 GMC SLT SRW SB Diesel
    Canadian born and raised