Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shoddy Work or Acceptable?

I had found that the underbelly on our new to us 2019 Reflection was hanging down on one side of the trailer, right behind the steps. Upon closer inspection I realized that the belly had been cut from one side to the other. In speaking with the original owner I found out there had been some warranty work performed when the trailer was only a few weeks old. A tank had a crack and had to be replaced.

Now I completely understand that these things happen, but I question the method in which it was done.

As I mentioned, they cut the belly pan from one side to the other and when re-installing the used a thin strip of wood to give them something to screw to. Then they taped it back together. The tape had failed and allowed the pan to hang down.

Today I re-taped it and added a couple screws but I'm wondering if using wood as a filler is an acceptable way to do this? I know if I had been the original owner I would have been furious at this repair. I also noticed that a bundle of wires were left running along a steel been. It looks like they were once encased in some foam to prevent chafing. I put some tape on it to give it a little more protection.

I know if won't do anything but I'm considering notifying Grand Design and maybe they would re-evaluate this warranty company.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20211017_140327a.jpg   20211017_140233a.jpg   20211017_141403a.jpg   20211017_141406a.jpg  
    2019 Reflection 337-RLS
    2014 F350 SRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7