User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    NeilRach04

New Owner with Some Technical Questions - Reflection 337RLS

We are new owners of the Reflection 337RLS and have a few questions.

First, Pertaining to the rear jack stabilizers...
    1) They appear to be the Ground Control 2.0 jacks, is that correct?
    2) How much lifting pressure can be placed on these rear jacks without causing damage to the system, or the fifth wheel frame?
    3) If they are the Ground Control 2.0 Jacks, do they each have their own individual motor, while working simultaneously off one switch?
    4) If they are Ground Control 2.0 Jacks, can the existing mounting brackets be used for a future installation of Lippert Ground Control 3.0 Electric Auto Leveling System?

Second, Relating to the gray tank(s)...
    1) We are showing we have 2 gray tanks (75 gal), however, during our first trip, only one filled up. Is the second tank for the washing machine if we were to install it?
    2) What is the size of the main gray tank vs the secondary?

Third, This is in regards to the bedroom closet doors. The 2 doors meet flush from top to bottom when closed, and they are perfectly lined up at the top. However, the right side door sticks out about a doors width further than the left side, at the bottom. Might there be some known issue with this, or an adjustment I could try to make on the doors? I have been in building maintenance and construction for 20+ years, therefore, I am pretty knowledgeable/handy, and prefer to fix minor issues myself, if at all possible.

I would appreciate any insight you might be able to provide.

Thank you,

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your 337...hope you enjoy it as much as we have ours!

The 337 does not have LCI Ground Control 2...the rear jack drive set-up is the same as the front landing gear with a single motor and a cross shaft. Ground Control 2 could be installed but wouldn't be using any of the existing jacks.

You have 2 grey tanks...one for the kitchen sink (32 gal) and one for the shower and bath vanity (43 gal). The washer rough in drain goes to the 43 gal tank.

There should be a bottom guide on the floor for the closet doors...sounds like one of the doors isn't in the bottom guide.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

NeilRach04
    Dave,

Thank you!

Perhaps we didn't use enough water in the kitchen sink for it to register, we were only able to get 2 nights in the unit before heading back home. We picked it up while on an already scheduled trip.

Both of the closet doors are in the track, that i did check. It looked as though one of the tracks could have been slightly twisted though. I will look further into it on our next trip.

I was asking about the rear jacks because mine have a sticker that says 2.0, therefore I wasn't sure if they ran off individual motors, or if they would have had the necessary mounting bracket for a future upgrade to Ground Control 3.0.

Do you know what is the safe lifting power of the existing 337RLS rear jack system. I am used to a Lippert electric stabilizer jack (previous fifth wheel), that drops one leg, then the other lowers down. I couldn't put much pressure on that system, and received very little left to right stability when using it. I was wondering if it is safe to put a little bit more pressure on the system I have with the 337RLS. with hopes for slightly more stability. It feels like we are getting suspension bounce from the axle and leaf springs. We use X-Chocks for the fore to aft motion and are pretty happy with that.

Thanks again,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave
    Is there any standard as to which is Gray 1 and which is Gray 2?
    Also in the convenience center it just says Gray & Gray. Which is which?
    Mike
    Mike & Pat Clawson
    Marty & Bucky (Welsh Corgis)
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS #2813
    Titan Disc Brakes, Liberty Rider Suspension
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison
    Comfort Ride Hitch, 52 Gallon Titan XXL Fuel Tank, Banks Speed Brake, Firestone Air Lift Bags
    http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...pst4uyouma.gif

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your front and rear jack have their own extend/retract switch, you do not have Ground Control 2.0 which uses this control panel to raise, lower and auto level...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lci-auto-level-control-panel.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	2250
    I don't think that any of the existing components would be used in a Ground Control 2.0 or 3.0 system.

I believe that the rear jack have the same capacity as the landing gear so you can put a good load on them. They won't eliminate camper movement...many have added a stabilizer system to reduce that. I have the SteadyFast set-up on ours which works quite well.

Dave

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8daggett View Post
    Dave
    Is there any standard as to which is Gray 1 and which is Gray 2?
    Also in the convenience center it just says Gray & Gray. Which is which?
    Mike
    Our grey 1 is bath/shower, grey 2 is galley though I don't expect that's any standard. Just need to test once both are empty and run water into one to get an indication on the level panel and see which drain valve empties it and mark them.

Dave

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On our 337, the kitchen is the valve on the left, and the bath is the valve in the center. The Black is the valve on the right.

Jim