Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was happening with the dinette slide on our 380FL. GD techs at the national rally adjusted the slide level in/out direction. I think they said the outward side was high so it would drop when putting the slide in. They made some adjustments and no more marks on the floor.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same issue with 2021 310GK

Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    Hi fellow GD'ers

I have a 320G Momentum with the dining area (passenger side) slide leaving marks on the floor behind on the floor. I cleaned it up 2x now thinking it was just temporary, but now on #3 . It is a black streak, not grease and similar to a crayon marking, but soft enough to clean up with a little ehtanol/alcohol based spray cleaner (paint safe bike degreaser). I first thought the slide wasn't level and it was the plastic on the bottom of the slide dragging however the (soft linoleum) floor itself isn't marred or damaged.

Any help appreciated
    We had the same issue with our brand new Solitude 310GK — the dinette slide was marring the vinyl floor on one side only. A line like a black crayon is a good description. Grand Design customer service suggested we contact the dealer. I sent photos with description to dealer service rep. Dealer said we needed to bring it to them to be adjusted in the shop. Since we were in the process of selling our home and getting ready to do full-time RVing — and our dealer was 2 1/2 hours away — I did convince them to send a driver to haul our rig back and forth for the repair. They had it back within a week. We are currently living on the road in our Solitude. Slide did not mark floor for a couple months, but now it is starting again, faintly. I guess we’ll look into getting those sliders.
    Recently retired. Very happily married 38+ years.
    2020 GMC 3500 HD Denali DRW CC LB Diesel.
    2021 Solitude 310GK, Cooper H-rated tires. Previously in Coleman/Fleetwood pop-ups. Full time since 8/15/21

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure theres not a roller on the Momentum slides? Im pretty sure mine has rollers on the large slide

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmo1 View Post
    Are you sure theres not a roller on the Momentum slides? Im pretty sure mine has rollers on the large slide

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    It depends on which slide. Our large kitchen/entertainment slide has rollers. The large dinette/theater seating slide has skis.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Roseville Ca. Summer, Quartzsite, Az. winter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2021 310 GK-R and have had that problem with the dinette slide and the marking on the floor near the front door/island. I discovered that the slide tilt adjustment was loose. Extend the slides all the way and on the outside edge of the slide floor underneath you will see 2 long vertical bolts on each end of the slide. There are also 2 carriage bolts that are the locking bolts/nuts that lock the height plate once adjusted.
    THE FIX: Loosen the 2 carriage bolt 3/4" nuts. The back off the, 3/4" jam nut on the long bolt and move the bolt, (Loosen), so the outside of the slide moves down. I observed that the carriage bolts on the on the plates were loose and could see where the slide had been moving up and down. I move the slide down to where the slide had been set at the factory .
    So basically what happens is that by lowering the outside edge of the slide, it raises the inside edge as the slide come in and keeps the black plastic skid from touching the floor. Note, the rear adjustment didn't need adjustment as it was tight. I would imagine that both end of the slide adjustments need to be the same which they are now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second Chance.... Do you use Slide out supports at the campgrounds?
    2019 303 RLS Reflection 5er (nickname - Coyote)
    2019 F250 Lariat FX4 CC SRW 160" WB, (nickname - Silverback) 6.7L diesel, 3.55 gears, 10K GVWR, 20" wheels, Tow Package, B&W Champion Slider
    Dennis, Judy, and Shelby (Lab-Rhodesian Ridgeback)

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteHauler View Post
    NO, I do not! Slide supports can damage your slides if there is settling of the trailer on the site - and will void your structural warranty. I always cringe when I see people using them.

@CoyoteHauler - a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Roseville Ca. Summer, Quartzsite, Az. winter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteHauler View Post
    Hi Coyote Hauler, No we do not use slide out supports. I don't know if your Reflection has hydraulic slides. I would guess that the adjustment would be the same or similar. I don't see what the slide out supports have to do with the floor marking issue. When adjusting as I explained you are only dropping the slide 1/4 to 1/2" max.
    Dan

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Dan View Post
    Hi Coyote Hauler, No we do not use slide out supports. I don't know if your Reflection has hydraulic slides. I would guess that the adjustment would be the same or similar. I don't see what the slide out supports have to do with the floor marking issue. When adjusting as I explained you are only dropping the slide 1/4 to 1/2" max.
    Dan
    Solitudes and Momentums have hydraulic slides (except for the bed slides which are electric Schwintek). Everything else (Reflection, Imagine, Transcend) have electric slides.

I see you're new to the forum - welcome! You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12