User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dryer venting 399th

Hi every one, what does everyone do to exhaust the dryer. my hookups are between 2 doors. They are to far away from outside wall, there are tanks under the floor. Don't know about the roof not sure I want to do that. any advice would be very helpful. T
    Thank you

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are not meant to be vented. GD has advised us that the setup is for a non-vented combo unit. (only 1 circuit of electric in the one outlet, not 2 for a stack type set).
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. Search the forum for 'custom dryer vent install' and see the topic I started. I had a 399 and installed a vented dryer, worked great the 3 years we lived in it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just cut a hole from garage wall into back 1/2 bath - slightly below toilet. Then vented w/d into bathroom. We run ceiling vent on high and door closed when dryer cycles. It works great for the times we do laundry. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7531[1].jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	37556Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7532[1].jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	37557

When we travel, I disconnect the vent hose, turn off the water, disconnect electrical, and slide the w/d closer to the wall. Then when doing laundry, I slide w/d out, connect hose and electrical, and turn on water.
    Last edited by Whispers_351M; 11-03-2021 at 12:25 PM.
    Kent
    KJB Images - Capturing Whispers From Nature
    2019 Momentum 351M - 2016 RAM 3500 Limited

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whispers_351M View Post
    I just cut a hole from garage wall into back 1/2 bath - slightly below toilet. Then vented w/d into bathroom. We run ceiling vent on high and door closed when dryer cycles. It works great for the times we do laundry. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7531[1].jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	37556Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7532[1].jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	37557

When we travel, I disconnect the vent hose, turn off the water, disconnect electrical, and slide the w/d closer to the wall. Then when doing laundry, I slide w/d out, connect hose and electrical, and turn on water.
    I dont think all that disconnecting is necessary. I installed two D rings, one on each side of the washer on the floor with lag bolts and kept a ratchet strap over the top of the washer during travel. We also used the floor brackets meant for the washer that prevent it from moving, never had an issue with the washer moving while traveling.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the extra space i get by moving the w/d back against the wall when we are not using it. It hasn't moved yet while traveling even though it is not bracketed down. - but we modified our garage, converting it to an office space and installed plywood and carpeting over the top of the stock garage floor, so our garage floor is flat throughout. This probably helps with the w/d staying put.
    Kent
    KJB Images - Capturing Whispers From Nature
    2019 Momentum 351M - 2016 RAM 3500 Limited