User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    Apparently on that model you are correct, the whole Power Control Center needs to be replaced, I have never seen or heard of that before. Usually, the Converter is replaceable inside the Power Control Center.

Here is a response on e-Trailer that addresses your unit. By-the-way, the answer also includes the Progressive Dynamics Power Control Center with Lithium charging you will need for your unit.

Link: https://www.etrailer.com/question-433188.html
    Ok thanks. I know I've tried to explain that before and others have said the same - that you don't have to replace the complete panel, but I think they just don't understand that there is a type of panel where it is integrated and cannot be separated. I was hoping you really found a solution to that. Thanks for clarifying.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    Replacing the Converter is a fairly simple and routine operation. Maybe you could find a Mobile RV technician that could perform the operation much sooner.
    My dealership quoted me a price of $500 to swap out lead acid batteries with lithium and swap out converter with the PD one. Seems pricey to me. Does anyone know what labor hours would be for swap of battery to lithium and hours for converter swap? They did not ask me any specifics of the converter.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TT hunting View Post
    My dealership quoted me a price of $500 to swap out lead acid batteries with lithium and swap out converter with the PD one. Seems pricey to me. Does anyone know what labor hours would be for swap of battery to lithium and hours for converter swap? They did not ask me any specifics of the converter.
    I assume that is strictly a labor price and not parts. You should clarify whether they are quoting to replace just the converter, or the entire power panel. If just the converter, confirm that this is possible given that your converter/charger is integrated into your WF8735P which requires replacement of the entire panel - see manufacturers website. If they are quoting for replacement of the panel, then $500 doesn't seem so out of line (although it still is not that difficult to do if you are comfortable with electrical wiring). Swapping the batteries of course is negligible from a labor standpoint.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    I assume that is strictly a labor price and not parts. You should clarify whether they are quoting to replace just the converter, or the entire power panel. If just the converter, confirm that this is possible given that your converter/charger is integrated into your WF8735P which requires replacement of the entire panel - see manufacturers website. If they are quoting for replacement of the panel, then $500 doesn't seem so out of line (although it still is not that difficult to do if you are comfortable with electrical wiring). Swapping the batteries of course is negligible from a labor standpoint.
    Thank you. Yes, labor only. I believe it is the converter only but it states that it is a direct replacement. I have 21bhe with wfco 8735 and purchased this replacement below:

From PD website:
    AC/DC Distribution Panel & Power Converter with Built-In Charge Wizard®. Direct replacement for WFCO 8735!
    Compact All-In-One-System.
    Available with our exclusive built-in Inteli-Power Converter…
    “The most reliable converter in the RV industry.”
    The converter section is easily servicable.
    The AC Distribution Panel is rated for 120 VAC@ 30 Amps with up to 5 branch circuits.
    The DC section has 6 branch fuse holders, with a maximum rating up to 30 Amps each. All wire tail connections.
    Inteli-Power 4135 can recharge the battery to 90% in 3-6 hours using our patented Charge Wizard technology:

BOOST Mode 14.4 Volts – Rapidly brings RV battery up to 90% of full charge.
    NORMAL Mode 13.6 Volts – Safely completes the charge.
    STORAGE Mode 13.2 Volts – Maintains charge with minimal gassing or water loss.
    EQUALIZATION Mode 14.4 Volts – Every 21 hours for a period of 15 minutes prevents battery stratification & sulfation – the leading cause of battery failure.

PD4135 Features

Reverse Battery Protection
    Total Charge Management System
    Electronic Current Limiting
    Back Up Thermal Protection
    Direct Replacement for WFCO 8735

E trailer link: https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Converte...waAk5EEALw_wcB

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TT hunting View Post
    Thank you. Yes, labor only. I believe it is the converter only but it states that it is a direct replacement. I have 21bhe with wfco 8735 and purchased this replacement below:

From PD website:
    AC/DC Distribution Panel & Power Converter with Built-In Charge Wizard®. Direct replacement for WFCO 8735!
    Compact All-In-One-System.
    Available with our exclusive built-in Inteli-Power Converter…
    “The most reliable converter in the RV industry.”
    The converter section is easily servicable.
    The AC Distribution Panel is rated for 120 VAC@ 30 Amps with up to 5 branch circuits.
    The DC section has 6 branch fuse holders, with a maximum rating up to 30 Amps each. All wire tail connections.
    Inteli-Power 4135 can recharge the battery to 90% in 3-6 hours using our patented Charge Wizard technology:

BOOST Mode 14.4 Volts – Rapidly brings RV battery up to 90% of full charge.
    NORMAL Mode 13.6 Volts – Safely completes the charge.
    STORAGE Mode 13.2 Volts – Maintains charge with minimal gassing or water loss.
    EQUALIZATION Mode 14.4 Volts – Every 21 hours for a period of 15 minutes prevents battery stratification & sulfation – the leading cause of battery failure.

PD4135 Features

Reverse Battery Protection
    Total Charge Management System
    Electronic Current Limiting
    Back Up Thermal Protection
    Direct Replacement for WFCO 8735

E trailer link: https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Converte...waAk5EEALw_wcB
    Yep, that'll do it. If you're not comfortable with doing it yourself, then spend the $500 and don't fret it. Should be a nice setup when it's all done!
    Chad

Left The Driveway Jluttrull22RBE's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TT hunting,

Any update on your install? I am looking at the same setup in our 2022 22RBE. We have this:

A Furrion 25 AMP charge controller – part number FSCC30PW-BL stock from the factory.

165 Watt Furrion solar panel stock from the factory

Converter is a WFCO 30 AMP AC / 35 AMP DC part number WF-8735-PB-GE stock from the factory.

I just purchased a Battle Born lithium battery.

Did you change out the converter to get the full charging ability for your battery? If so, what did you change to?
    2016 Toyota Tundra Limited 5.7L V8
    2022 Grand Design Imagine 22RBE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123